Richland @ Huntingdon 1st round

Waker

21 minutes ago, Maximum said:

My son graduated several years back.  I can still remember how it felt when Wayne County ended his season.  It’s hard.  Enjoy what season he has left.  Good luck tonight.  Maybe we will be able to play each other next week.

No doubt. Not looking forward to it. Regardless, I am proud of what he has accomplished this season in his only season as a starter. Can't take away the memories and experiences of the last two seasons and this one so far. Good luck tonight. One game at a time from this point on. Looking ahead could end a season.

58 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Dont get me wrong I would love for Cornersville to take them out in the second round but I dont see it happening this year. Having said that, when the group of 8th graders coming up reach their junior and senior year, the whole state will be on notice in 1A.

No doubt. Absolutely loaded! 

3 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Dont get me wrong I would love for Cornersville to take them out in the second round but I dont see it happening this year. Having said that, when the group of 8th graders coming up reach their junior and senior year, the whole state will be on notice in 1A.

There's a BIG "IF" you failed to mention in there.

IF they stay together and are playing as JR's and SR's . Can't tell you how many crops of young talent I've seen over the years at various schools that fizzle out because athletes take off So. and Jr. year, another coach tells them they need to focus on one/their sport, or stop playing because of girls and jobs.

Middle School/Freshman Yr Championship seasons don't guarantee Varsity success.

49 minutes ago, Foolsball101 said:

There's a BIG "IF" you failed to mention in there.

IF they stay together and are playing as JR's and SR's . Can't tell you how many crops of young talent I've seen over the years at various schools that fizzle out because athletes take off So. and Jr. year, another coach tells them they need to focus on one/their sport, or stop playing because of girls and jobs.

Middle School/Freshman Yr Championship seasons don't guarantee Varsity success.

That group has only lost 1 game since flag football, I doubt they are gonna break that bond....  Word around town is this group may better than the group that just graduated. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, footballover said:

The middle school team at Huntingdon ain't too shabby either. Not sure when their last loss was but it wasn't anytime this year or last if I'm not mistaken. Remember this name....Tayshawn Rivers. They may be putting his name on the Mr. Football trophy in a few years

Tayshawn just won offensive MVP in the Middle School All-Star game. 

1 hour ago, footballover said:

The middle school team at Huntingdon ain't too shabby either. Not sure when their last loss was but it wasn't anytime this year or last if I'm not mistaken. Remember this name....Tayshawn Rivers. They may be putting his name on the Mr. Football trophy in a few years

Huntingdon Middle School coaches do a great job with the kids. They play fundamentally solid football.