Kevin Davis, Trinity Christian
Kemari McGowan, MTCS
Rube Scott Rhea, Fayette Academy
Zack Tilley, The King’s Academy

DIVISION II, CLASS AA
Austin Hill, ECS
Eli Morris, Boyd Buchanan
Dietrick Pennington, ECS
Cooper Riggs, Grace Christian Academy (Knoxville)
Nick Semptimphelter, BGA

DIVISION II, CLASS AAA
DeAngelo Hardy, McCallie
Elijah Howard, Baylor
Keshawn Lawrence, Ensworth
Jabari Small, Briarcrest
Omari Thomas, Briarcrest

KICKER OF THE YEAR
Luke Akers, Ravenwood
Jackson Carver, Westview
Alen Karajic, East Hamilton
Paxton Perry, Brentwood Academy
Zeke Rankin, Alcoa

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Question here. Why would a 3000+ yard regular season passer not make the finalists?

He absolutely had the numbers!  No one can argue that.  There was definitely 3 kids on that team that deserved recognition and only one was selected.  In all likelihood the 3 split a lot of votes among them.  For me, there are too many worthy candidates to select multiple kids from one school.   It's already bad enough that the TSSAA and the Titans I assume took away the lineman awards.   They virtually have no shot now since there "numbers" aren't posted in the paper each week like the skill players.    I personally nominated Willis myself.  I think what hurt the QB was the fact he was only with the team one season and came down from 6A to play 1A ball this season.    That's the only guess I have.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

18 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Seem like I predicted that a couple months ago.Just because he had amazing stats.Coupled with 2 losses.Plus I'm sure if all Snyder or Ensley did was throw 8 out of 10 plays,and had they not sit out half their games,stats would be amazing as well.But Greenback does have one so congrats to him and all the others

I’m not sure if you’ve seen Braden Carnes or not but I’ve seen all 3 players. Carnes is a pure pocket passing QB and he’s the best one in 1A. He IS without a doubt the best QURTERBACK. But if you ask him, I doubt he will care a whole lot about this award. Very humble.

1 minute ago, Shadroach said:

To get all the PC stuff out of the way.....

> Yes. Should be a category for The Hogs & The Mules. Linemen both O&D are an integral part of the success of any eventual winner of Tennessee Mr. Football.

> ALL on the list deserve deep consideration for the award.

Now the part where my heartburn originates. As a pure fan with no dog in this fight I like many of you have watched the PR all season touting one player. May I make the observation that how a QB with 3000 passing yards and 40+ TD's not make that list? At the risk of ruffling some feathers I might add without his skills somebody would NOT be on that list. Maybe he had no PR department? Maybe he and his family care not for awards and accolades but are simply satisfied being unselfish leaders of a team. 

Parents of both fit that category!You havent heard either get on here and promote their own kids.Just us folks who have NO DOG in the fight.

4 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

To get all the PC stuff out of the way.....

> Yes. Should be a category for The Hogs & The Mules. Linemen both O&D are an integral part of the success of any eventual winner of Tennessee Mr. Football.

> ALL on the list deserve deep consideration for the award.

Now the part where my heartburn originates. As a pure fan with no dog in this fight I like many of you have watched the PR all season touting one player. May I make the observation that how a QB with 3000 passing yards and 40+ TD's not make that list? At the risk of ruffling some feathers I might add without his skills somebody would NOT be on that list. Maybe he had no PR department? Maybe he and his family care not for awards and accolades but are simply satisfied being unselfish leaders of a team. 

I like it and see your point but 3000+ and 40+ TD's is not something you can ignore. Had to be an alternative reason.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I’m not sure if you’ve seen Braden Carnes or not but I’ve seen all 3 players. Carnes is a pure pocket passing QB and he’s the best one in 1A. He IS without a doubt the best QURTERBACK. But if you ask him, I doubt he will care a whole lot about this award. Very humble.

I don’t post on here much but he’s the best I’ve seen in several years and one of the best I’ve ever seen at this level and I’ve seen a lot. He’s in the category of Reese Phillips that played at Signal. Plain and simple the kid was robbed. 

31 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Yes, I have seen Braden Carnes. Yes, he is humble. Yes, he IS the best 1A QB. But no, I'm sure he cares about not being named. He has EARNED that recognition and was slighted. 

Heve you seen Ensley from Huntingdon?So ur boy can throw.Im sure Ensley can as well but doesn't have to when they winning 60 to 0.Can your boy run like Ensley can?So depends on what maybe a team needs.If its 3rd and 2.I'm going with maybe a player like Ensley instead of a pocket passer.Now if it's 3rd and 10 ,mayne ur boy.So depends on what the team needs.So best qb in 1A could be up for debate>

Edited by mrbigster

17 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

I don’t post on here much but he’s the best I’ve seen in several years and one of the best I’ve ever seen at this level and I’ve seen a lot. He’s in the category of Reese Phillips that played at Signal. Plain and simple the kid was robbed. 

He reminds me of a kid i played against just not as big.Played at Midway,Lance Weaton in 89.