Mr.Football Semi Finalist Announced Today

FridayMainEvent

16 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Heve you seen Ensley from Huntingdon?So ur boy can throw.Im sure Ensley can as well but doesn't have to when they winning 60 to 0.Can your boy run like Ensley can?So depends on what maybe a team needs.If its 3rd and 2.I'm going with maybe a player like Ensley instead of a pocket passer.Now if it's 3rd and 10 ,mayne ur boy.So depends on what the team needs.So best qb in 1A could be up for debate>

Do I need to come check your temperature???

51 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Heve you seen Ensley from Huntingdon?So ur boy can throw.Im sure Ensley can as well but doesn't have to when they winning 60 to 0.Can your boy run like Ensley can?So depends on what maybe a team needs.If its 3rd and 2.I'm going with maybe a player like Ensley instead of a pocket passer.Now if it's 3rd and 10 ,mayne ur boy.So depends on what the team needs.So best qb in 1A could be up for debate>

I am so tired of you west teams that couldn't beat Cornersville the last 2 years commenting on crap. All you can do is run and think just because you can score 60 on a less than crap team you are good. If we get to play you we will score 40 points or more on you. And if we dont South Pitt will crush you.

I saw where a lot of posters here threw up a lot of stats for the year as a good predictor of finalists.  I don’t take a lot of stock into that simply because if one of these players ply on a really good team, chances are they are rarely playing past halftime of the games during the regular season.  Therefore their numbers are skewed

52 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

He reminds me of a kid i played against just not as big.Played at Midway,Lance Weaton in 89.

Yes sir I remember him well. He got hurt against us in the first round playoffs. That’s the only reason we won the game. I’ve seen the QBs at Lake and Huntingdon several times as well. All are great players but Carnes has an ability that isn’t seen often in 1A. You guys have a terrific afternoon. 

23 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

You watched and played with one of the best QB's ever in 1A.

Sacked him 3 times that night and he still threw it all over us!That was Gregs debut in the second half.We won the second half but couldnt over come the first!Midway was a good team back in those days!

27 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

Yes sir I remember him well. He got hurt against us in the first round playoffs. That’s the only reason we won the game. I’ve seen the QBs at Lake and Huntingdon several times as well. All are great players but Carnes has an ability that isn’t seen often in 1A. You guys have a terrific afternoon. 

You too champ.Until next time!:thumb:

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Sacked him 3 times that night and he still threw it all over us!That was Gregs debut in the second half.We won the second half but couldnt over come the first!Midway was a good team back in those days!

Braden Carnes is the only QB thas is or was as accurate downfield as Greg  in 1A that I have ever seen.

9 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Braden Carnes is the only QB thas is or was as accurate downfield as Greg  in 1A that I have ever seen.

I will say those 3 are the best i have watched throwing the ball.None were great runners but pure QBs!Dresser Winn was a good one too.

Edited by orngnblk

47 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I am so tired of you west teams that couldn't beat Cornersville the last 2 years commenting on crap. All you can do is run and think just because you can score 60 on a less than crap team you are good. If we get to play you we will score 40 points or more on you. And if we dont South Pitt will crush you.

Well Westview did and whd did they ha e to show for it.Look at the strength of schedule and rankings.Yall played a tougher schedule but I'm sure Loudon not losing played into that.LC beat 2 4A schools,A 3A and a 2A that all made the playoffs.And since coach put his regular starters in on defense,dont think they been scored on in 4 or 5 weeks.Going to rest now.Ur nonsense has me sleepy

Edited by mrbigster