Round 2: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

20 minutes ago, Appvol said:

That’s a fact. He will come up and hit you. He is so aggressive or physical on defense I’m worried he might get hurt on that side of the ball.

11 minutes ago, pujo said:

Doing the hitting is the way to go. Just can't lead with the hat.

We're working on that Pujo :roflolk:

9 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I don’t mean play soft but smart. I just worry about a shoulder or even a head. 

Well I do too of course...But I'd rather him deliver a good, clean HARD hit vs letting up....Letting up increases chance of injury IMO

This is a game where you just never know.....Pujo & King (heck even coach Lambert) can remember his brothers played the same way, especially on D...The 2015 brother got a femur fracture on D side of the ball, in the semis, from the most no-nothing play you ever saw....Boy went to step over him and seemed to barely brush his knee; sure didn't seem like enuf to cause that kinda injury....You never know, so might as well GET IT every play and let the chips fall where they may 

Edited by uknoit2

28 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I'd throw it on the first play. Its so predictable to establish the run on the first drive. Put the d on their heels early

I agree, set your run up with the pass. If you get the linebackers on their heels worrying about the flats that would definitely help.  

46 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I've found the opposite to be true.  The more physical you are, you're least likely to get hurt than playing soft

43 minutes ago, pujo said:

Doing the hitting is the way to go. Just can't lead with the hat.

I agree with you both. I've not seen a good football team in the playoffs the last few years hit soft in the later rounds. Quite a few times I knew a player would feel whatever hit i saw the next day. It makes you tough honestly. Also makes you unafraid of getting hit.

35 minutes ago, Appvol said:

But a lot these rule changes were for the defensive player to protect them from themselves. They would deliver a big hit and not get back up. When your one son got hurt do you think there was already an injury and it finally just gave way.

It's hard to say....When they did the MRI they said he had the femur fracture but the knee cap, that was broke in two, had healed nicely...Didn't know he had been playing on a broken knee cap!!!!!! 

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I agree with you both. I've not seen a good football team in the playoffs the last few years hit soft in the later rounds. Quite a few times I knew a player would feel whatever hit i saw the next day. It makes you tough honestly. Also makes you unafraid of getting hit.

Always told mine,you're either a sheep or a wolf.  Sheep don't fare so well.