Riverside vs Waverly Round 2 of Round 2

vandyfan1

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Little out of place in this thread, but I remember folks roasting Riverside for hiring Coach Frost... if I were a staunch Panther fan, this might be a good time to bump that topic.

Jus sayin'

The reason Frost's overall record as a coach is lower on the overall percentage is because he has started a program at Community and inherited a mess at another middle Tennessee school. If you look at his record, every school where he has been has improved. We were in good shape at Riverside when Robertson left. Robertson left by choice (career move) and left the program in good shape. The year before Robertson left we upset Forrest in the first round - at Chapel Hill, on the hill, in the blistering cold wind. Frost's first year here we were 6-6 and upset Jackson Christian in the first round - in Jackson. I think people that know football in this area, realize that Riverside is a rattlesnake that can bite even the bigger, "better" teams. 

1 hour ago, Wavo2004 said:

Y'all ready to see Waverly running game again

I think they might b up to the task. Sure did look great last night on the defensive side. Holding Lewis to maybe 100 yards on the ground pretty big feat. But each game is different. Number 8 is a talented runner. Can't believe ya just now using him

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

I think they might b up to the task. Sure did look great last night on the defensive side. Holding Lewis to maybe 100 yards on the ground pretty big feat. But each game is different. Number 8 is a talented runner. Can't believe ya just now using him

Yea man I know I'm looking forward to this game I know frost gonna have y'all ready and Randall gonna have us ready for another hard hitting game 

31 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

How do u compare Lewis to Waverly tho

9 hours ago, @38320 said:

The reason Frost's overall record as a coach is lower on the overall percentage is because he has started a program at Community and inherited a mess at another middle Tennessee school. If you look at his record, every school where he has been has improved. We were in good shape at Riverside when Robertson left. Robertson left by choice (career move) and left the program in good shape. The year before Robertson left we upset Forrest in the first round - at Chapel Hill, on the hill, in the blistering cold wind. Frost's first year here we were 6-6 and upset Jackson Christian in the first round - in Jackson. I think people that know football in this area, realize that Riverside is a rattlesnake that can bite even the bigger, "better" teams. 

Oh, I well remember lot's of posters throwing win/loss records out there... would sorta like to hear their take on the matter a few footsteps down the road.

16 hours ago, @38320 said:

Playing those 3A and 4A schools early in the season really pay off this time of the year. (I'm glad Riverside schedules Camden and Lexington.) Frostie had a little surprise for the Lewis Co. boys didn't he? Frost is like Majors was at TN, he wins a lot of games he is not supposed to win and rarely loses a game he is supposed to win. 

Coach Frost has done a great job at Riverside. He is a solid football coach and an even better guy. Wish both teams an injury free game. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

No comment on the number 8 thing, lol. ;)

On 11/9/2019 at 6:22 AM, @38320 said:

Playing those 3A and 4A schools early in the season really pay off this time of the year. (I'm glad Riverside schedules Camden and Lexington.) Frostie had a little surprise for the Lewis Co. boys didn't he? Frost is like Majors was at TN, he wins a lot of games he is not supposed to win and rarely loses a game he is supposed to win. 

It does help alot playing good teams even if they are smaller schools. It's nice to win every regular season game but come playoff time it does a team good to already be battle tested. I don't like to predict games cause I'm no expert but I had a guy feeling if we beat Summertown we would be facing y'all again rd 2.