The 1st Rematch: Tyner hosts Trousdale

tcjacket13

I know several on here look for my link to the Burma Road Podcast. Unfortunately, both Steven and John had different events occur and time did not permit them to record. So with it being GAMEDAY, here is a preview ....

By the Numbers: Round 2 Trousdale Co. at Tyner Academy. Act 2!                                                                                                                                                                                       
Tyner's 2019 Review: The Rams from Chattanooga host the Yellow Jackets Friday Night and look to improve upon their 8-3 record. Tyner is the #1 seed out of Region 3AA. This year they defeated, 4A Chattanooga Central, 2A Bledsoe County, 2A Marion County, 2A Tellico Plains, Div. 2 1A Webb School, 3A Brainerd, 2A Polk County, and last week advanced to the 2nd round with a victory over Westmoreland. Their 3 losses have been too stiff competition in 4A Howard, 3A Alcoa, and Div 2 3A Baylor. Their offense is averaging 38.3 PPG but has been shutout twice. Their Defense is allowing 15.3 PPG, and has shut 3 opponents out. Their Opponents this year have put up a combined 57-66 record, which is a 46% success rate. 8 of their 12 opponents qualified for Post Season Play with 4 of those opponents advancing to the 2nd Round!                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Trousdale Co. 2019 Review:   The Yellow Jackets will carry a 9-1 record to Hamilton Co. Friday Night. They have wins over Div 2 1A Friendship Christian, 1A Gordonsville, 2A Westmoreland, 4A Macon Co. 2A East Robertson, 4A Portland, 2A Cascade, 2A Jackson Co., and last week defeated Marion Co. to advance in the playoffs. The only defeat was at the hands of 2A Watertown back in Week 3. The offense is averaging 36.8 PPG. The defense allows 5.5 PPG, they have 7 scores of their own as well as posting 5 shutouts and are now the 3rd best Scoring Defense in the State regardless of classification behind Whitehaven, and Alcoa. Opponents that have appeared on the Trousdale County schedule this year have managed a combined record of 55-63, which is a 47% success rate. 9 of the 11 opponents on their schedule qualified for Post Season Play with 4 pf those opponents still playing this week.                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Common Opponents:  Both Trousdale County and Tyner have faced Westmoreland (Trousdale County whooped up on the Eagles 44-0, and Tyner put them out of their misery 54-0) and Marion Co. (Tyner handled the Warriors easily winning 48-0, and Trousdale County walked away with a slight victory at 42-0).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Rankings: The Sonny Moore Computer Power Rankings following Round 1, the Tyner Rams are sitting at 62, which is 3rd place in 2A. Their schedule had an average ranking in this poll of 198.4. max prep has the Rams ranked 7th in 2A. The Massey Ratings have them ranked 109, which is 5th in 2A. Trousdale County sits 70th Sonny's rankings, putting them in 4th in 2A. Teams on the Jacket calendar average a rank of 197 in Sonny's Poll. max prep shows the Yellow Jackets in 4th Place for 2A. The Massey Rating has Trousdale Co. at 74, which is 3rd in 2A.                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Match-Up History:   Based on my records, Friday Nights Round 2 will literally be Round 2 for these two schools. Last year's round 2 match-up was the first and the Yellow Jackets ended the Rams campaign with a 35-0 victory.                                                                                                                                                      

My Take: These two teams appear to be very evenly matched. Each ranking system used shows that this is a Top 5 match-up for 2A teams and will be the game of the week for this bracket. Both have loads of talent at the skill positions but this game will be won in the trenches. If the Rams Offensive Biggins can allow their quarterback some time, they will be able to fully utilize their Mr. Football Finalist in Martavius Ryals. That will be a tall task though against a stout D-line core and dominant Linebacker crew that the Yellow Jackets deploy. On the flip side, the Purple and Gold will no doubt see a stacked box, so making the key blocks will be imperative to the success of their backfield. Whichever line can establish the dominance, will more than likely lead their team to victory. I believe this one could be close for the entirety. The team with the fewest mistakes takes this one! 

Edited by BCB~MVP