UC vs Fairly Round 2

Bigsw02

5 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Uh, I was at the game last year. I remember 2 TDs being called back. Not 4, I also remember that there were penalties that were obvious. Holding, block in the back and they were easy to spot. If you don't want penalties called, don't commit the infraction.

Fairley was a very athletically gifted team last year just not as disciplined as UC. We recovered two fumbles as well and scored on those possessions. I’m sure they have fixed lots of that but we shall see. They got a heavy dose of our fullback last year and this years fullback is almost at 2000 yards so here comes the train again. Should be a fun one. 

3 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Teams look more impressive while playing weaker competition.  R7 is stronger than r8 from top to bottom most years.  Our 3 whipped r8 2 (Mitchell).  

I was most impressed with the Adamsville clips from last week. This wasn’t a contest. Also, went back and watched last year’s Union City highlights - if both the QB an RB from last season are back this game shouldn’t be close. UC couldn’t touch either in open field in 2018. I’ve watched in slo mo and haven’t seen the penalties yet that called back some nice runs. 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

I was most impressed with the Adamsville clips from last week. This wasn’t a contest. Also, went back and watched last year’s Union City highlights - if both the QB an RB from last season are back this game shouldn’t be close. UC couldn’t touch either in open field in 2018. I’ve watched in slo mo and haven’t seen the penalties yet that called back some nice runs. 

I watched it also and I did see some obvious holdings and blocks in the back.  But maybe I was somewhat bias.  I think UC will give Fairly fits if they dont turn over the ball.  That offence will wear on you.  I know Fairley will big play them but they have to be on offence to do that.  If it is a back and forth game, my pick is UC.  I just think Memphis small ball is not up to par with rural West tn.  Although Fairley may be the exception.  If Peabody and Fairley plays and they beat us, then I will tip my hat off to them and hope they bring home the gold ball.   

Just now, Golddoctor said:

I watched it also and I did see some obvious holdings and blocks in the back.  But maybe I was somewhat bias.  I think UC will give Fairly fits if they dont turn over the ball.  That offence will wear on you.  I know Fairley will big play them but they have to be on offence to do that.  If it is a back and forth game, my pick is UC.  I just think Memphis small ball is not up to par with rural West tn.  Although Fairley may be the exception.  If Peabody and Fairley plays and they beat us, then I will tip my hat off to them and hope they bring home the gold ball.   Memphis is West Tn. also.

2 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

That offence will wear on you.  I know Fairley will big play them but they have to be on offence to do that.  If it is a back and forth game, my pick is UC. 

I just think Memphis small ball is not up to par with rural West tn. 

In a pre-season capsule video for this year coach Robinson alluded to his team's lack of discipline and having 4TDs called back as the main reasons their post season run ended. He wasn't trying say they were bad calls, but rather, championship caliber teams don't hold in big games and they play disciplined football when playing against ground and pound option type teams. Fairley's D has improved as a result. You have to stop the 1st back through all night. Disciplined football. That's what UC will see. That front 7 for Fairley is the real deal.

Fairley isn't like the other Region 8 teams. They have superior coaching then the others. The Fairley HC is special. The staff is top notch. IF he stays at Fairley they will  win championships in 2A.

Then there is the revenge factor. Motivation all around. 

1 hour ago, kwc said:

In a pre-season capsule video for this year coach Robinson alluded to his team's lack of discipline and having 4TDs called back as the main reasons their post season run ended. He wasn't trying say they were bad calls, but rather, championship caliber teams don't hold in big games and they play disciplined football when playing against ground and pound option type teams. Fairley's D has improved as a result. You have to stop the 1st back through all night. Disciplined football. That's what UC will see. That front 7 for Fairley is the real deal.

Fairley isn't like the other Region 8 teams. They have superior coaching then the others. The Fairley HC is special. The staff is top notch. IF he stays at Fairley they will  win championships in 2A.

I think Fairley will be coming to Trenton next Friday 

7 hours ago, kwc said:

Did you miss the post from the guy that was at the game ? There wasn’t 4 tds called back there was 2