UC vs Fairly Round 2

Bigsw02

All it takes is one flag to affect a close game. The unapproved website has highlights from last season's game. Nice shot from a wide view. The long (almost 90 yard) TD called back is on there. I've watched it a dozen times and have yet to see the infraction. Huge swing to go from a TD to be backed up inside your 5 yard line with 2nd and 20. What was the call on that? 

I believe it was two back to back touchdowns called back. Either way I just think the tornadoes are out matched in this game. Fairley coach has had this game circled I bet and I’m sure last yrs game left a bad taste in his mouth. I still say Fairley by 21 no disrespect to UC that’s just how I see it playing out.

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Did you miss the post from the guy that was at the game ? There wasn’t 4 tds called back there was 2 

Fairley got put out in Round 2 last season. I got the impression that Fairley had 4 TDs called back in those two games. I don't think he was talking about one game. I thought he was talking about the whole post season experience. To be a championship caliber team, you don't do the things that allow the refs to throw flags ... you move your feet and stay in front of the man you are blocking. Discipline. I got the impression that he was saying that if Fairley is going to win a gold ball, those are the things they have to clean up so they can beat a UC or a Peabody.

His pre-season diatribe wasn't about being cheated. It was about improving to beat Region 7 teams. Improving to get to the championship game and winning it. You have to be disciplined. They weren't disciplined enough last year. That was the focus this year. Improve the discipline.

Edited by kwc

2 minutes ago, kwc said:

Fairley got put out in Round 2 last season. I got the impression that Fairley had 4 TDs called back in those two games. I don't think he was talking about one game. I thought he was talking about the whole post season experience. To be a championship caliber team, you don't do the things that allow the refs to throw flags ... you move your feet and stay in front of the man you are blocking. Discipline. I got the impression that he was saying that if Fairley is going to win a gold ball, those are the things they have to clean up so they can beat a UC or a Peabody.

That makes sense 

Fairley had a lot of holding and block in the back penalties when we played them in the first round of the playoffs last year... it wasn't just the UC/Fairley game...

There was no way we were going to be able to catch the RB on the edge, so why hold or have pointless penalties...... discipline.......

Edited by GCPioneer

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I believe it was two back to back touchdowns called back. Either way I just think the tornadoes are out matched in this game. Fairley coach has had this game circled I bet and I’m sure last yrs game left a bad taste in his mouth. I still say Fairley by 21 no disrespect to UC that’s just how I see it playing out.

I don’t think they will beat union city by 3  touchdowns. If fairley wins it will be by 2 or less and this is if union city doesn’t fumble and have mistakes. It took our coaches years to figure out how to defend their offense. Coach even went out of state and talked to people to find different schemes to defend their offense. It’s very frustrating for the players. It wears the defense out especially if you score quick.  We have went up 21 points only to be beat in the second half because the defense is gassed. 

This game could go a lot of different ways.  For UC to have a chance they have to control the ball with long methodical drives, because this year they don’t have the athletes to win going toe to toe.  Their defense has to find a way to get a few  stops too.  But I just don’t see UC’s defense being solid enough to maintain the speed on the edge they are about to face.  I’m going to say Fairley 33- 16ish.  I hope I’m wrong though and UC gets the W