Rhea Co. @ Powell Round 2

Rhea Co.

3 minutes ago, 57eagle said:

It drives me crazy at times how one dimensional we are but what we do, we do well. I just wish we would throw to the tight end just enough to keep teams honest. We can usually run over teams that are our size but not much we can do with teams like Powell..............Maybe we can recruit a few players.      :)

Touché brother, touché ....

19 minutes ago, 57eagle said:

It drives me crazy at times how one dimensional we are but what we do, we do well. I just wish we would throw to the tight end just enough to keep teams honest. We can usually run over teams that are our size but not much we can do with teams like Powell..............Maybe we can recruit a few players.      :)

All you needed was a QB who could complete a couple of timely passes. Could have changed the entire game.

Congratulations to Powell. Good luck the rest of the way!  - Thoughts... How about next time a high school team is having their final huddle, please shut off the music over the loud speakers, couldn't hear coach (he was screaming, trying to tell our men he loved them).  - Maybe I am being a jerk, but it is just a thought...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Congratulations to Powell. Good luck the rest of the way!  - Thoughts... How about next time a high school team is having their final huddle, please shut off the music over the loud speakers, couldn't hear coach (he was screaming, trying to tell our men he loved them).  - Maybe I am being a jerk, but it is just a thought...

I don’t understand why music has to be played over the loudspeakers during a game in the first place. Isn’t that what the band is there for? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 57eagle said:

Spring City middle had an outstanding running back, hopefully he Doesn’t go elsewhere like a top QB did.

Congrats Powell and best wishes the rest of this season.

The Rhea offense moved the ball well on the ground and made it interesting but Powell’s athletic offense was just a little 2 much for the Eagle defense. Every time we made a play to put them behind the sticks they would come back with a big play to cancel it out. That why their undefeated and have a good chance to win it all. 

Proud of these Eagles and their season that exceeded some early expectations. You guys were fun to watch this year and this team had some really good senior leadership that will be missed. The future is bright with all that’s coming back and with all that’s coming up from 3 really good middle school teams. 

Great season Eagles, keep your heads up. You left it all on the field and represented Rhea County well this year.

GO EAGLES!!!

20 minutes ago, Indian said:

Spring City middle had an outstanding running back, hopefully he Doesn’t go elsewhere like a top QB did.

Yeah I hope LA isn’t going anywhere. His brother is our starting OLB/back up QB for us right now. LA is a special talent, he has got a lot of potential. He still has another year at Spring City. 

As for last night I’m very proud of our guys. They fought hard and made some good adjustments, but Powell was the better team last night.This team out performed on a lot of expectations this year. I am excited about next year already knowing what we have coming back and what is coming up. Yeah we have to replace a few guys who were key players on both sides of the ball, but we have a solid group coming back especially on defense. We started a lot of sophomores on defense this year, and I look for great things out of this sophomore class.