Round 3: Oneida @ Meigs

crow

27 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I agree,it is what it is.Tough for sure but we move on. I just hate that it takes away from the win. You all have had an extremely tough road to get to where you're at and credit needs to be given in my opinion!

I think Hampton deserved the win. I'll rephrase, I know they did.Its nothing against Oneida,they played tough,but they should be the team watching this week.

53 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Might have been a weak penalty, but it was a penalty nonetheless. Should it cost someone a game? Well it should cost them yards, and it should cost them a down otherwise why do we pay refs in the first place? I feel like it was a good call in all honesty. He was paid to do a job and he did what he was paid to do. Shame it took a win from Hampton, but it was a player that cost the penalty by not abiding by the rules that everyone else has to adhere to and not the refs for doing his job. 

I hate it for Hampton to lose like they did. The new blind side block rule says that’s a penalty. The defender didn’t see the block coming. If it’s a penalty in the 1st game of the season it’s a penalty in a championship game. If your the team on the wrong side of the call you are going to be upset. If your a coach that teaches you have to be the more physical player be the one that delivers the hit it might cost you. It’s fine to be the more physical team in the trenches but in the open field coaches are going to have to teach kids different or you are leaving it up to a ref to decide.I was hoping Hampton would win so I could see Meigs play and see Swafford. Now I guess I will go watch Greeneville Elizabethton round 2. Hopefully you guys have a really good competitive game.

43 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I agree,it is what it is.Tough for sure but we move on. I just hate that it takes away from the win. You all have had an extremely tough road to get to where you're at and credit needs to be given in my opinion!

Where was the credit for SG last year. That may or may not have caused Oneida a loss, this deal absolutely costs Hampton a win.

21 minutes ago, crow said:

Sounds about right. 

Yeah when we get up in the morning we piss excellence. We are the best there is that's all there is to it. Most games we just show up and win. Hardest part is just getting to the stadium. Barely even lift or run either. Its just being a natural winner. Must be bred into us.

• Like 1

Just now, Appvol said:

I hate it for Hampton to lose like they did. The new blind side block rule says that’s a penalty. The defender didn’t see the block coming. If it’s a penalty in the 1st game of the season it’s a penalty in a championship game. If your the team on the wrong side of the call you are going to be upset. If your a coach that teaches you have to be the more physical player be the one that delivers the hit it might cost you. It’s fine to be the more physical team in the trenches but in the open field coaches are going to have to teach kids different or you are leaving it up to a ref to decide.I was hoping Hampton would win so I could see Meigs play and see Swafford. Now I guess I will go watch Greeneville Elizabethton round 2. Hopefully you guys have a really good competitive game.

If you hate it so bad,why are you on here trying to justify it.

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

If you hate it so bad,why are you on here trying to justify it.

Because people are saying it’s not a penalty but when the rule was changed that’s a penalty now no matter at what point of the season is. People who love the old school way of football are going to have to get used to these news rules and all this player safety stuff especially in high school football. 

7 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Because people are saying it’s not a penalty but when the rule was changed that’s a penalty now no matter at what point of the season is. People who love the old school way of football are going to have to get used to these news rules and all this player safety stuff especially in high school football. 

Set um straight.lol