Huntingdon vs Huntland

Waker

48 minutes ago, Waker said:

I was curious what you thought Jobres. You’ve seen both squads. What’s your thoughts on this season’s Mustangs 

Huntland has a very good thunder and lightning combo. They attempted I believe 4 passes against Cornersville and completed 2. Defense is disciplined and flows to the ball well. For Huntingdon, the defense is the real deal. As has been stated, pass defense would be the only weakness I could see, but to Croppy's point, the front 7 is so fast, it is difficult to set up and let the routes develop. The other side is not giving the mustangs a short field. Punting out of your own end zone, unless you have a guy that can boot it 60+ yards, gives these guys the ball around the 50 and they have to go half the field or less. My son is the punter for Cornersville and I thought he did a pretty good job of punting. Mid way through the 2nd quarter he had a left leg injury and was ineffective at safety, so he was relegated to punting only. Couldn't really drive it because his landing leg was hurt, but was in the 35-40 yard average range on punts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foolsball101 said:

Can someone give me a rundown of players to watch on Huntindon on both sides of the ball?

If you can’t maintain solid offensive drives and chew clock then you are doomed. You can’t play from behind on these guys. Too many athletes. You have to play disciplined defense and tackle well. Force them to throw but keep pressure on QB while at same time try to keep him from getting loose. He will hurt you with his speed. Only way to beat them is keep yourself in game late. Other than Milan nobody has. If you can take them out of their comfort zone you may have a chance but it will take a perfect game and you will have to capitalize on any mistake they make. They have ability to score on every snap they take. 

I wish Huntland all the best but I still think it won’t be enough. Mustangs by 30

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Huntland has a very good thunder and lightning combo. They attempted I believe 4 passes against Cornersville and completed 2. Defense is disciplined and flows to the ball well. For Huntingdon, the defense is the real deal. As has been stated, pass defense would be the only weakness I could see, but to Croppy's point, the front 7 is so fast, it is difficult to set up and let the routes develop. The other side is not giving the mustangs a short field. Punting out of your own end zone, unless you have a guy that can boot it 60+ yards, gives these guys the ball around the 50 and they have to go half the field or less. My son is the punter for Cornersville and I thought he did a pretty good job of punting. Mid way through the 2nd quarter he had a left leg injury and was ineffective at safety, so he was relegated to punting only. Couldn't really drive it because his landing leg was hurt, but was in the 35-40 yard average range on punts. 

I commented during the game that the punter could really boot it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

I would agree. Could possibly have a majority of R5 out supporting as well. You are right on the firepower side. IF Huntland can pass the ball, they may have a chance. Reed is fast, not sure is fast enough for that defense though. 

If Huntland comes close to beating Huntingdon, we’ll know just how good the west is next week. SP wiped the field with them. I don’t see them having a problem but if they do then... uh oh. 

1 hour ago, Foolsball101 said:

Only thing the corners will have to worry about is containing the edge with Huntland.

However, the Hornets OC has thrown some different things at teams this season. If he sees a weakness and thinks he has the assets to exploit it the Hornets could throw some. Purely from a scheme aspect though.

Our 2 OLBs are 2 if the best in the state in 1A. You aren't running outside on Huntingdon and it's not too easy running inside with a converted running back playing nose guard and 2 monster D tackles and the 2 inside linebackers can run. Ensley has talked about walking on and playing football at Knoxville along with his baseball scholarship. I wouldn't put anything past that kid hes that talented. To make a long story short if your offense isn't extremely talented it's going to be a long night for the Huntland offense just like every other team this year

53 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

If you can’t maintain solid offensive drives and chew clock then you are doomed. You can’t play from behind on these guys. Too many athletes. You have to play disciplined defense and tackle well. Force them to throw but keep pressure on QB while at same time try to keep him from getting loose. He will hurt you with his speed. Only way to beat them is keep yourself in game late. Other than Milan nobody has. If you can take them out of their comfort zone you may have a chance but it will take a perfect game and you will have to capitalize on any mistake they make. They have ability to score on every snap they take. 

I wish Huntland all the best but I still think it won’t be enough. Mustangs by 30

+1,000,000,000

Can someone give me a rundown of players to watch on Huntindon on both sides of the ball?

#9 Hunter Ensley QB/FS Mr. FOOTBALL CANDIDATE 

#13 Brandon Lawton RB/CB

#15 Konnor Person RB/LB

These seniors are the 3 main ball carriers

#11 has is fast and has carried the ball some this season he is a junior and will be the featured back next yr unless the beast coming from the junior high team steps in.

#27 Noah Belew TE

#85 Austin Baker TE are our 2 main targets when they throw. Also throw to the other 2 running backs out of the backfield. 

Stop those 6 and you will win. No one has this year. See you Friday 

24 minutes ago, footballover said:

Our 2 OLBs are 2 if the best in the state in 1A. You aren't running outside on Huntingdon and it's not too easy running inside with a converted running back playing nose guard and 2 monster D tackles and the 2 inside linebackers can run. Ensley has talked about walking on and playing football at Knoxville along with his baseball scholarship. I wouldn't put anything past that kid hes that talented. To make a long story short if your offense isn't extremely talented it's going to be a long night for the Huntland offense just like every other team this year

Besides the Milan game, the Mustangs starting defense has allowed 3 total TDs. 7 points against Mckenzie, 6 points against Camden, and 6 against McEwen.

I personally am looking forward to coming down to Huntland. I hope I feel the same way leaving. Haven’t had much dealings down in that part of the state. Looks like y’all have a nice setup.

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2019 at 10:21 AM, CoachT said:

Huntingdon fans: if you are going through Fayetteville on Hwy 64 my favorite eating place is Marvin's Family Restaurant. It is buffet style, great food, and you can be in and out quick. 4130 Thornton Taylor Pkwy, Fayetteville, TN 37334

If you like Mexican, Las Trojas is only a mile or so out of your way: 1218 Huntsville Hwy D, Fayetteville, TN 37334

If you prefer a burger, fast food, then turn toward Huntsville and there are several there.

If you prefer Cracker Barrel there is one at the Columbia exit on I-65 South. 1534 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia

From Fayetteville you are about 25 minutes from Huntland.

GPS address for Huntland High is 400 Gore St, Huntland, TN 37345

You can also try Ken’s. It’s a local favorite with the best slaw burgers.