Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

13 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Fairley won’t run and pass on Peabody like they did against UC you can bet on that.

I don't know about the "like they did against UC" portion of your comment, but, Run AND Pass is what they do. They are not one deminsianal. Stack the box at your own peril. Peabody will have to worry about the pass along with the run. All Fairley's back needs is a sliver of light, especially on the edge. and he's GONE! I know the DC at Peabody will prep his guys, but he can't play for them, and vice versa ... the Fairley DC will have to game plan to contain Peabody's O, but he can't play for his men either.

This is going to be a good one!

14 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yes I agree with PPride good post. One thing Fairley is battle tested. I still think Peabody pulls it out by 14 maybe more. Fairley don’t have anything Peabody hasn’t seen they are just really athletic and well coached. If Peabody smacks them in the mouth early like they did Milan it could be a long night for the bull dawgs

I have predicted a Peabody win by 3 tds.  You are right Vandy.  If we smack them in the mouth early, I think it will be an uphill battle for Fairley.  There is a different brand of football played in Memphis small ball.  I know they beat a depleted UC team but I tend to agree with Swo, who was there for the eye test.  We are very well coached and our guys are hungry for another Gold Ball

15 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

After I’ve spent more time watching some Fairley film today, I will say this... Fairley will be the best team Peabody has played all year. They’ll have the most athletes, the most team speed, & probably the most physical team that the Tide has went up against thus far. Having said this though, Peabody will be able to match the speed & physicality. My only concern is can Fairley force Peabody into making mistakes? Peabody is a very disciplined & well coached football team so I’m not counting on them shooting themselves in the foot. Can Fairley stay out of their own way? Because in order to beat Peabody, they are going to have to play a near perfect game. Can they do it? Absolutely. Is it likely? I don’t know, we’ll see. But I’m giving the edge to Peabody because of their ability to be balanced & their defensive scheme. Tab Vowell will dial it up against the Bulldogs. It’ll be interesting to see if Fairley can counter what the Tide is doing on D. I also give the edge to Peabody because of what they have the QB position. A seasoned veteran leading the Tide offense who has only turned the ball over once all season. Very accurate passer & decisive. I think if this game comes down to the wire, if Peabody has the ball last, they can count on their QB to lead them down the field & score. All in all it will be a good game. The match up will be won in the trenches. Bottom line. 

I respect what you see on film but I respect what SWO of UC said more.  He has done the eye test on both teams.  I just believe we are playing on a different level than Fairley.  They are good but I dont think they can stop us.  If it is a shootout, we win with special teams

13 hours ago, kwc said:

I wonder ... why didn't UC think of that tactic last week!

No disrespect to UC, but they were not the UC we are used to seeing.  They were somewhat down last year and the still beat Fairley.  This years UC team was hampered by injuries and some internal problems.  That score could have very well been only a two td lead for Fairley at the half.  We beat Mahs 38-0 with some key starters out.  MAhs was not a bad team.  They just got beat by the best team they have seen all year.

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

No disrespect to UC, but they were not the UC we are used to seeing.  They were somewhat down last year and the still beat Fairley.  This years UC team was hampered by injuries and some internal problems.  That score could have very well been only a two td lead for Fairley at the half.  We beat Mahs 38-0 with some key starters out.  MAhs was not a bad team.  They just got beat by the best team they have seen all year.

With the starting TE out and one of the best recievers in 2 A out that also is a best out of the backfield.. 

16 minutes ago, kwc said:

I don't know about the "like they did against UC" portion of your comment, but, Run AND Pass is what they do. They are not one deminsianal. Stack the box at your own peril. Peabody will have to worry about the pass along with the run. All Fairley's back needs is a sliver of light, especially on the edge. and he's GONE! I know the DC at Peabody will prep his guys, but he can't play for them, and vice versa ... the Fairley DC will have to game plan to contain Peabody's O, but he can't play for his men either.

This is going to be a good one!

Dont under estimate Peabody's speed and power.  Our passing game and our running game is why we won state.  But the real reason we are so good is our DEFENSE.  You better hope the field is dry Fairley.  That speed will be slower but either way, we will contain it enough to pull out the victory.  34-18 Peabody

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

I’m not sure but I do think they mainly play on turf 

Fairley plays their home games at JP Freeman (4) which is grass. They also have played at Crump (1), MUS (1) and at Whitehaven (1) which are turf. They have also played at the Fairgrounds (1) which is also grass.  I don't know what surface they played on when they played Hernando nor do I rememnber the fields thay played on against A-ville and UC. Needless to say they have played on both surfaces throughpout the year.