Riverside at Forrest

@38320

On 11/26/2019 at 9:19 AM, Salem said:

The only thing you can say factually from that picture is that the spot was inaccurate. The ball was spotted at the 8 and half yard line. In your opinion he could be a yard and a half off based on a grainy screen shot of a video taken from the press box. Some could argue it should be spotted at the 8,  the 7,  the 6. The exact placement can't be determined with the angle we have.  Line to gain was just outside of the 6 yard line.  The problem is the official ran up to the foot prints and pointed. He let everyone around know he was marking the ball here because of the footprints in the mud. This is another example of an official in a playoff game not knowing a basic rule. 

The referee in this photo didn't make the call (he never moved, never said a word) . He is standing on the 9. A ref standing on the sideline at the 13 yard line marked his spot where #6's foot touched the line. His angle is worse than this press box view. A third official was running down the sideline from the end zone to spot but he got  caught up in a wave of players and never made it. 

For those tired of hearing about the officiating find another thread because that was the biggest story on the field that night. 

I have no dog in this fight, this is just my worthless two cents. The General's "TSSAA corruption" thread brought me here. The official pictured is operating the clock and has no business being responsible for a spot. The official on the 13 yard line coming in is responsible for the spot up until the 2 yard line where the deep official has the spot from the 2 to the goal line. Spotting the ball is an inexact(guess) science. If you watch games on Saturday and Sundays do you ever wonder why the ball is located on a yard line every time.....

The blindside block is absolutely correct. Some have said that those calls should not be made in that kind of game. Safety calls (blindside block, facemask, horse collar, targeting) should be made every time every game. Game fairness calls (holding, pass interference) are the calls where it depends on where the foul occurred and the status of the game. However, the foul should have been penalized by post scrimmage kick rules. The only possession requirement is that the receiving team is the next team to put the ball in play. Since the ball was never touched possession automatically goes to the receiving team.

Also, all officials are independent contractors, not employees of the TSSAA. The TSSAA has no power in the selection or training of officials. It is up to the independent associations for training and selection. During the playoffs, each association trades officiating crews to ensure the appearance of independence. More than likely, this was the first time this group had ever been to Forrest. MOST officials have no agenda, it is a tough job with a touch of incompetence all the way from the junior pro level to the NFL level.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rulesman967 said:

I have no dog in this fight, this is just my worthless two cents. The General's "TSSAA corruption" thread brought me here. The official pictured is operating the clock and has no business being responsible for a spot. The official on the 13 yard line coming in is responsible for the spot up until the 2 yard line where the deep official has the spot from the 2 to the goal line. Spotting the ball is an inexact(guess) science. If you watch games on Saturday and Sundays do you ever wonder why the ball is located on a yard line every time.....

The blindside block is absolutely correct. Some have said that those calls should not be made in that kind of game. Safety calls (blindside block, facemask, horse collar, targeting) should be made every time every game. Game fairness calls (holding, pass interference) are the calls where it depends on where the foul occurred and the status of the game. However, the foul should have been penalized by post scrimmage kick rules. The only possession requirement is that the receiving team is the next team to put the ball in play. Since the ball was never touched possession automatically goes to the receiving team.

Also, all officials are independent contractors, not employees of the TSSAA. The TSSAA has no power in the selection or training of officials. It is up to the independent associations for training and selection. During the playoffs, each association trades officiating crews to ensure the appearance of independence. More than likely, this was the first time this group had ever been to Forrest. MOST officials have no agenda, it is a tough job with a touch of incompetence all the way from the junior pro level to the NFL level.

Good post

40 minutes ago, Rulesman967 said:

This speech is from an obvious ref. Worshipping at the altar of all things ref. 

Image result for 3rd world dictator crowd"

44 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

its a message board you cuck. 

Ahh yes there it is. The derogatory name calling that you inflict upon others to make yourself feel intelligent and witty. Keep em coming because I need to expand my knowledge and hopefully raise my IQ to that of at least a 4th grade level. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

2 hours ago, Rulesman967 said:

Also, all officials are independent contractors, not employees of the TSSAA. The TSSAA has no power in the selection or training of officials. It is up to the independent associations for training and selection.

irrelevant since the TSSAA is the body with the power to overturn horrible egregious referee error. 

otherwise great lame crappy post 

• CoachT locked this topic