Riverside at Forrest

@38320

10 hours ago, Rulesman967 said:

1.  The official pictured is operating the clock and has no business being responsible for a spot. The official on the 13 yard line coming in is responsible for the spot up until the 2 yard line where the deep official has the spot from the 2 to the goal line. Spotting the ball is an inexact(guess) science.

2. The blindside block is absolutely correct. Some have said that those calls should not be made in that kind of game. Safety calls (blindside block, facemask, horse collar, targeting) should be made every time every game.

3. However, the foul should have been penalized by post scrimmage kick rules. The only possession requirement is that the receiving team is the next team to put the ball in play. Since the ball was never touched possession automatically goes to the receiving team.

4. Also, all officials are independent contractors, not employees of the TSSAA. The TSSAA has no power in the selection or training of officials. It is up to the independent associations for training and selection. During the playoffs, each association trades officiating crews to ensure the appearance of independence. More than likely, this was the first time this group had ever been to Forrest. MOST officials have no agenda, it is a tough job with a touch of incompetence all the way from the junior pro level to the NFL level.

1. I know what the official standing there does. The still shot shows him in position to make a call but he had no input.  I was letting those following the thread know that the official making the incorrect ball spot was not in the frame. The bad spot was a mistake. His explanation to those around about the footprints determining his placement is an admission of not knowing the rule.

2. Unfortunately, Mr. Rulesman, those calls are not made every time. In fact if you actually watch the game we punted in the 2nd quarter and TWO textbook blindside blocks are made against Forrest on that punt. Two Forrest guys are de-cleated at the same time 30 yards downfield in front of the same official who made the 4th quarter bump call against Forrest. If TSSAA wanted to make a video to show the peel back block they could use this clip.  Also, I'm sure @cornerback10 can tell you from last year's state championship final drive that every horse collar "safety call" is not made. 

3. In layman's terms: THE OFFICIALS ROYALLY SCREWED UP. THEY INCORRECTLY GAVE RIVERSIDE THE BALL 1ST AND TEN AT THE FORREST 34 YARD LINE IN THE 4TH QUARTER OF A 1 POINT PLAYOFF GAME. THIS IS MORE THAN A SCREW UP IT'S A REF CREW WITH NO IDEA HOW TO ENFORCE A BASIC PENALTY ON A PUNT.

4. The TSSAA has no power to evaluate or discipline their own officials? Maybe they should contact Kentucky or Oklahoma, or Alabama, or the PAC10 they've all suspended officials for horrible calls. I seem to remember a TSSAA ref getting suspended for being run over in a Glencliff game.

PS - If you're truly a Ruleman please explain the illegal cut block rule. I'm curious how an offensive tackle blocking his guy down into a pile where the offensive guard and a defender are laying. So two offensive players engaged with two defensive players. 

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

If your the better team then beat them to where the refs do not come into play. They were not the better team that night. 

Maybe we could score and take the lead at the end of the 3rd quarter and then hold them and force a punt in the 4th quarter to get the ball back.

Nope. Refs incorrectly give the ball back for another chance 15 yards downfield. You need to come up with Plan B. Your plan sucks and doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

Maybe we could score and take the lead at the end of the 3rd quarter and then hold them and force a punt in the 4th quarter to get the ball back.

Nope. Refs incorrectly give the ball back for another chance 15 yards downfield. You need to come up with Plan B. Your plan sucks and doesn't work.

A whole lot of Ifs. If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Night !!!!!!

11 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

U got the ball not once but twice after. Get over it don't b like that idiot general 

Both teams got the ball in the 4th quarter. However, only one team got to continue a failed drive in the 4th quarter deep in the opponent's territory by way of a botched call. We were forced to use the traditional four downs to get 10 yards in our two 4th quarter possessions. Riverside was given 4 extra, bonus downs. So please don't act like your kids went out and took anything or possessions after that call equalized anything. In 10 pages of post game comments, not one Riverside poster has had the class to admit the call was wrong. All we get is pretend confusion about the call and mealy mouthed vagueness about what actually happened. 

• CoachT locked this topic