5 class plan

ocac

7 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I definately support going back to 5 classes for football, I believe 6 is too many and waters down the playoffs too much with weak teams getting in and getting hammered.  I also think there are too many playoff games it’s another half of a season, 4 should be enough.

Short of TSSAA getting radical and going with 4 classes or less, your always going to have teams with losing records get in, which is why the Z-Plan came about

• Like 1

Seems like people whom which the current plan is working for and getting wins would like to keep it that way. And the only people complaining have week teams that not tssaa plan can fix. Just saying. So now 6 classes get a chance at a ball.. and yall are arguing to make it 5 what sense does that make? There's no sense in a school with 300 kids playing a school with 2000 unless they themselves schedule it that way in a non region game. And those who say well Alcoa does it. We all know how alcoa does things. I read a post were 1 guy from alcoa said they were waiting on 2 from Florida 2from Texas and 4 from California.  That's dirty. I dont care who you are!! That's a weak coach desperate to win and not happy with the kids his town puts out. 

4 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Seems like people whom which the current plan is working for and getting wins would like to keep it that way. And the only people complaining have week teams that not tssaa plan can fix. Just saying. So now 6 classes get a chance at a ball.. and yall are arguing to make it 5 what sense does that make? There's no sense in a school with 300 kids playing a school with 2000 unless they themselves schedule it that way in a non region game. And those who say well Alcoa does it. We all know how alcoa does things. I read a post were 1 guy from alcoa said they were waiting on 2 from Florida 2from Texas and 4 from California.  That's dirty. I dont care who you are!! That's a weak coach desperate to win and not happy with the kids his town puts out. 

We watched it for years at Riverdale. You eventually grow numb to it. 

23 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

We watched it for years at Riverdale. You eventually grow numb to it. 

I feel for anyone who plays alcoa. Especially anyone who thinks they are legit.  Last year at state alcoa played right before we were supposed to play. Anyhow, we were sitting on the side of whoever alcoa was playing and me and an old man sitting there sparked up a conversation and he said the exact same thing.  

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

I feel for anyone who plays alcoa. Especially anyone who thinks they are legit.  Last year at state alcoa played right before we were supposed to play. Anyhow, we were sitting on the side of whoever alcoa was playing and me and an old man sitting there sparked up a conversation and he said the exact same thing.  

Doesn't Maryville do the exact same thing too? Don't they have a lot of kids move in there just to play football? Just curious.

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

lol , hilarious .... too clueless to realize that the post about Florida , Texas and California was making fun of guys just like you !! lol ! 

Sportsguy22 .... I could see parents moving to Maryville if they wanted to keep their kids away from losers like you , no doubt !

21 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Doesn't Maryville do the exact same thing too? Don't they have a lot of kids move in there just to play football? Just curious.

So do kids that go to just about every top 10 program in 6A. Oakland, Blackman, Ravenwood, Indy, Brentwood Whitehaven get just as many. Everybody loves to accuse the Blount County schools, nobody wants to work hard enough to beat them

16 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

So do kids that go to just about every top 10 program in 6A. Oakland, Blackman, Ravenwood, Indy, Brentwood Whitehaven get just as many. Everybody loves to accuse the Blount County schools, nobody wants to work hard enough to beat them

Completely understand this goes on all across the state. I was making the point to the anti-Alcoa comments that Maryville does the same thing. Why was Alcoa getting singled out from Blount County? As long as everyone understands that this is what Rick Insell used to do at Shelbyville to eventually win 10 girls basketball state championships. I remember, back then, when everyone complained about him doing the same thing that these football programs now do...it happens, and has happened, for years in several sports.

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Completely understand this goes on all across the state. I was making the point to the anti-Alcoa comments that Maryville does the same thing. Why was Alcoa getting singled out from Blount County? As long as everyone understands that this is what Rick Insell used to do at Shelbyville to eventually win 10 girls basketball state championships. I remember, back then, when everyone complained about him doing the same thing that these football programs now do...it happens, and has happened, for years in several sports.

Serious question: How many Maryville and/or Alcoa home high school football games have you been to? How many people do you know in Blount County?