Huntingdon Mustangs Vs Lake Co. Falcons

horse

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Talking about the late touchdown versus Huntland:

It was a short pass to the sideline and the receiver shook 2 tackles and took it about 60 yards. It wasn’t a deep bomb like some are making it out to be. 

I don’t know how much else can be said about this game. I know nothing more than I’ve read on hear about Lake County. Obviously you all have a great team. I feel like we have a great team as well. We haven’t been good at defending the pass that’s a fact, but we haven’t faced many teams that we’ve had to worry about it or respect it. It’s cost us a few times. I’m confident the coach’s will have the team ready for what’s coming. 

No score prediction, it will be close either way and the starters will have to go the whole game. The players will decide it, not a bunch of posters on CoachT. 

Talking about our late scores with Union City and Westview.Why throw at all?Game well in hand.Against UC,the last score for LC was a running play.So LC wasn't throwing the ball still.He didn't tell everyone that.

8 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

You didn’t have 2nd or 3rd stringers in any of those games I mentioned. You kept your starters in against UC and then after the game   Your coach beat his chest that he would have beat them by 100 if he could have. He also kept his starters in against Dresden to run it up on them, and Westview as well.  Look I don’t care, it don’t matter except that y’all also keep beating your chests that “starters were pulled” when in fact that is not true.  Y’all were all proclaiming that Westview would come in 2nd in that region just because you beat them when anybody with an ounce of football iq could see that their defense was non existent. It chaps me all y’all come on here running our fan base down, when in truth most of you are the biggest bunch of blowhards I’ve ever heard. You have a good team but come on. 

I'm so glad you know so much about LC. I have a player very close to me that doesn't start and he had playing time in all the games mentioned by you after halftime.  Not saying all starters were pulled but the core starting group was not out there.  LC  is not a 1A school playing with 2A numbers but I digress.......

6 hours ago, shockernation said:

At first I called the owner of mallards and asked for a large table or 2....then I said just make it the banquet room! But after a long thought I said Ryan...we want the whole dang restaurant! And soon to see about booking the mic stand for after the game...anyone who can help with booking the mic stand? Just for a quick celebration party

I love victory celebrations

4 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

I'm so glad you know so much about LC. I have a player very close to me that doesn't start and he had playing time in all the games mentioned by you after halftime.  Not saying all starters were pulled but the core starting group was not out there.  LC  is not a 1A school playing with 2A numbers but I digress.......

He seems to know a lot.Watching a lot of film?Would think hed be still watching film with some pf his players instead of being on Coach T

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Talking about the late touchdown versus Huntland:

It was a short pass to the sideline and the receiver shook 2 tackles and took it about 60 yards. It wasn’t a deep bomb like some are making it out to be. 

I don’t know how much else can be said about this game. I know nothing more than I’ve read on hear about Lake County. Obviously you all have a great team. I feel like we have a great team as well. We haven’t been good at defending the pass that’s a fact, but we haven’t faced many teams that we’ve had to worry about it or respect it. It’s cost us a few times. I’m confident the coach’s will have the team ready for what’s coming. 

No score prediction, it will be close either way and the starters will have to go the whole game. The players will decide it, not a bunch of posters on CoachT. 

This guty gets it!  After 67 pages what else can be said that hasn't already be discussed.............

7 hours ago, Guidance1812 said:

That line is specific, should I add a line for you?

Free speech and all.. You can add whatever you like. I just trust that it will be merely filler and again add nothing to the discussion.. But add away if it's what makes you feel good 

Nearly 70 pages half filled by you and I can count on 1 hand how many of your posts have actually brought substance to this thread. So quiet down little one. Let the grownups talk football.

20 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Talking about our late scores with Union City and Westview.Why throw at all?Game well in hand.Against UC,the last score for LC was a running play.So LC wasn't throwing the ball still.He didn't tell everyone that.

I understand your point there. Just handing it off, and running clock would have looked a little better. I’m just going to tell myself we were preparing for the next week where we knew we’d have to mix in the passing game to keep drives alive. 8-)

But still, he just threw it to the first down marker. The receiver done the rest.  

Just now, Lurker said:

I understand your point there. Just handing it off, and running clock would have looked a little better. I’m just going to tell myself we were preparing for the next week where we knew we’d have to mix in the passing game to keep drives alive. 8-)

But still, he just threw it to the first down marker. The receiver done the rest.  

exactly. According to everyone here, we're gonna have to pass to have a shot at beating LC. Might as well get some practice in. 

15 hours ago, Guidance1812 said:

This right here, I asked this question yesterday, 

What makes you think you can go right through LC s offensive line? Stack the box? Please do... The water in huntingdon gives them super human strength? Good luck with that. 

Your dreaming if you think this will work, with no disrespect to he players on both sides of the ball, nothing about this game will be easy, 

And I’ll go ahead and throw his out there , last time I checked, in every game , we have rotated starters( more than just 11, yeah that’s right, both offense and defense) so the “sucking air” by second half want Cut it either

One prediction, Huntington players have not seen competition like LC all year, they will be sucking air by half

and yes , big Puckett will have someone calling for their momma by halftime

Both teams have outstanding centers as most great teams do. Reed Jones the Mustang center is a pancake machine. Big and very quick and sustains blocks to the whistle. Was our best defensive tackle last year.

2 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Free speech and all.. You can add whatever you like. I just trust that it will be merely filler and again add nothing to the discussion.. But add away if it's what makes you feel good 

Nearly 70 pages half filled by you and I can count on 1 hand how many of your posts have actually brought substance to this thread. So quiet down little one. Let the grownups talk football.

I’d never do you that way, we friends, I only point out the inflated mustang posters Who bring up the same lines since preseason, have to keep them busy , they are a special kind of passionate, being kind to them as I can. 

Question just for you, In the closest game (Milan), only referring to the overall challenge, how well did your mustangs hold up physically through 4 quarters?

and what week was that, I have not watched much film o. Huntingdon this year, haven’t had time