Nolensville at Elizabethton

Tab

Nolensville is so new (only been playing football for 3 years) and so far away (~300+ miles)....... There are no common opponents......  It is very hard to do any serious X's & O's talk about this one.     All that's left is smack talk, huh?        Well one thing we can say, Elizabethton may have choked in this game several times but at least they have the advantage of having been here before.      At the same time, Nolensville must have a pretty good team or they would not be in this one.      Should be a good one!     Betsy fans - is it okay if I wear my Boone stuff to the game tonight?

Blazer1 has it right.  There is no longtime rivalry here and the 2 teams don't know each other and will probably never see each other again.  Nolensville is bound for 5A or 6A soon.  My hope is both teams leave their best on the field, no one gets hurt and the refs call it straight.  The sun will still rise in Elizabethton and Nolensville tomorrow regardless of what happens after that.  Support your boys no matter the color of their uniform and be a class example for them.

24 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Nolensville is so new (only been playing football for 3 years) and so far away (~300+ miles)....... There are no common opponents......  It is very hard to do any serious X's & O's talk about this one.     All that's left is smack talk, huh?        Well one thing we can say, Elizabethton may have choked in this game several times but at least they have the advantage of having been here before.      At the same time, Nolensville must have a pretty good team or they would not be in this one.      Should be a good one!     Betsy fans - is it okay if I wear my Boone stuff to the game tonight?

Blazer just wear whatever you would like.  This will be an incredible game to see. Praying for an injury free game. Safe travels to the Nolensville players, coaches, cheerleaders and fans.  It’s about four and half hour road trip. 

They will be facing a lot of factors they are not familiar with. The long drive, the loud home town crowd, the pressure of being this far in the playoffs. A lot of mental aspects to think about in this game. Both teams seem to have a lot of talent so like the Greeneville game I think this will be close and come down to coaching and whoever makes the least mistakes/turnovers. I have to give Witten the Edge in coaching as he has had EHS make it decently far only to be stopped by Alcoa and Greeneville s he's been here before where as Nolensville has not. Can't wait for this game!

It would be pretty hard to make it this far by mistake. Betsy seems to be focused and ready. From what I can gather the knights are forreal and have a legit passing game. Can we stop them? We'll see. Also if Maupin gets rolling can they handle the physicality that comes with that? This game seems to have the ingredients for a barn burner but if we can't stop the pass it could get bad for us. Hope for safe travels on the long trip and a injury free game. When the season ends alot of guys will go on to the next sport would hate to see any kid either side miss out because of that. 

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I live in Nolensville & you are correct the school is very new and I think this is there second year playing a full season since school started out with only ninth graders & first two (2) years was basically playing JV football. People will be surprised how well coached Nolensville is & the crazy thing is these players would be at Ravenwood but Ravenwood is full.  Nolensville will be a tough out but as we know it comes down to who executes well & don't turn the ball over. Good Luck too both teams & injury free game but I'm going with Nolensville by 3. 

1 hour ago, gr8tplay said:

Could be a huge factor if they didn’t travel up before today.  Just travel time alone is about 9 hours round trip then figure in game time, makes for a very long day. 

Yes, the long drive could be a factor but I'm sure they left early this morning and are on Coach charter buses so that they can relax during the long drive. Nolensville fans do travel so expect a good crowd from them.