Peabody at Riverside Semi-finals

@38320

12 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

disagree. Even with the horrible reffing Forrest was in position to win that game. It should never have come to that. Forrest should have had the ball in the 4th with a 1 point lead. Given our history, we wouldve had a 6-7 min drive that would have put us up 8 points.  

I most definitely understand yours and your fan bases issues about this game, we was lucky enough to escape horrific officiating, a TD called back, no holding calls being called and pass interference with a ref 6 ft away to put us in scoring position missed!  People will say " well ya shouldnt leave enough doubt for the refs to be able to determine a outcome" Those folk can take that garbage and toss it right out ! It hurts and very bad ! Anyone that say different is a fool.. Hope you hang around the T the rest off the season sir. Your game analysis and tenacious wit set you apart from most on here! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

9 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I most definitely understand yours and your fan bases issues about this game, we was lucky enough to escape horrific officiating, a TD called back, no holding calls being called and pass interference with a ref 6 ft away to put us in scoring position missed!  People will say " well ya shouldnt leave enough doubt for the refs to be able to determine a outcome" Those folk can take that garbage and toss it right out ! It hurts and very bad ! Anyone that say different is a fool.. Hope you hang around the T the rest off the season sir. Your game analysis and tenacious wit set you apart from most on here! 

Spot on! It seems like if they can make a upset happen they will, I think I heard that crew was out of Nashville so no wonder why they called like they did. Fairley fans on Facebook say we “cheated” but we turned the lemon into lemonade and live another week. 

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Spot on! It seems like if they can make a upset happen they will, I think I heard that crew was out of Nashville so no wonder why they called like they did. Fairley fans on Facebook say we “cheated” but we turned the lemon into lemonade and live another week. 

I can say to the uneducated fan they think we did. Rules are the rules and that is what GF is pissed about, refs need to call the game not control a outcome !!! big DIFFERENCE

9 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I can say to the uneducated fan they think we did. Rules are the rules and that is what GF is pissed about, refs need to call the game not control a outcome !!! big DIFFERENCE

Absolutely agree. The non PI call was absolutely horrific if that was when I played I would’ve gave that ref a ear full. Illegal man downfield? Watched it back and no lineman went down field. We have a clapping as our QB kadence and Fairley was clapping before the play to the get the refs to call a false start and they did twice. Oh well tho, they got an ear full after the game when they went to the locker room from both teams fan base. 

Edited by Goldenpride

I finally watched that replay.   It's so ironic that Lee and I were talking about this very thing on our show last Wednesday.   So many teams taking that shotgun snap now and they never work on snapping the ball from under center.   Congrats to Peabody on the win, but that one is gonna sting for years to come if your a Fairley fan.

What's the status on the Peabody QB for this week?  He plays with so much heart!

Not to make this a Forrest thread but Peabody rose above the nonsense and Forrest coaches should have called a timeout to figure out what the heck was happening. That was not fair to our kids. Riverside scored the go ahead TD against our offense!  Forrest let that situation get away from them. Still refs fault big picture. But credit Peabody for finding a way. Forrest almost did.  

5 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I finally watched that replay.   It's so ironic that Lee and I were talking about this very thing on our show last Wednesday.   So many teams taking that shotgun snap now and they never work on snapping the ball from under center.   Congrats to Peabody on the win, but that one is gonna sting for years to come if your a Fairley fan.

What's the status on the Peabody QB for this week?  He plays with so much heart!

It has been said that he is good 

not only did they only use a shotgun snap all game but the qb that was in was a backup. 

in 2014 Peabody came out after halftime down by 14 against adamsville. Returned a kickoff then scored 14 more points to run the game.  That was the first miracle at Walter kilzer. Fairley was the second miracle at Walter kilzer.  These men are great on and off the field. They are the best example of never give up attitude I’ve ever seen 

Edited by Tide21

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Not to make this a Forrest thread but Peabody rose above the nonsense and Forrest coaches should have called a timeout to figure out what the heck was happening. That was not fair to our kids. Riverside scored the go ahead TD against our offense!  Forrest let that situation get away from them. Still refs fault big picture. But credit Peabody for finding a way. Forrest almost did.  

You know while watching I was wondering why they didn’t call a timeout. I assumed they just got caught in the moment 

4 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

It isnt like this thread is popping so to speak about the actual game, have at it sir ! If I was in your situation I would be writing stuff everywhere it might be read honestly!