1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

4 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

Would you believe me if I told you arguably our best lineman was watching from the stands? Frankie Mays hes lik 6'2 320 pound monster. Played Guard/D Tackle last year and I believe he was all state. He was tremendously talented, just had far too many problems off the field. It was for the best that he be removed from the team, we obviously didn't hurt without him, but he would have been a force on both sides of the ball. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. He wasn't on the team so i'll shut up about him.

Lake Co has had very solid teams last few years. 

6 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Lake Co has had very solid teams last few years. 

Hope this 8th grade class you guys having coming up brings you back to the promiseland. 1A is so much better/fun to watch when you have small schools like cornersville shaking it up and beating the big dogs like huntington. Wish yall could've got gold last year, you deserved it

1 hour ago, Outsider1998 said:

The ONLY thing keeping this game close was penalties. Lets not ignore the uncalled facemask on Greenback, there were several. Someone actually posted pictures of them on facebook. If tubbs doesn't get hurt it would've been even worse. Also Colby Mason played hurt the entire game, he's our best linemen behind puckett and probably our best defensive linemen. Having him 100% would've made it worse too. Using 23 and 15 as an excuse for getting manhandled is a horrible excuse. Didn't nobody on Greenback want to tackle Snyder in the 4th quarter. Outgained GB 500-200 just thank the Lord the loss was only by 2 TD's.

0076DCC1-5EF7-485C-BB8A-A8A034E5D907.jpeg

3A284517-E93A-43DC-B7C5-4A7ECCC1BD09.jpeg

F915AF12-215D-4C10-AF2F-67E4E5CB1026.jpeg

C5D36B6A-974C-4334-879A-A60217A744F1.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

Hope this 8th grade class you guys having coming up brings you back to the promiseland. 1A is so much better/fun to watch when you have small schools like cornersville shaking it up and beating the big dogs like huntington. Wish yall could've got gold last year, you deserved it

I agree. We should have beat them by 21 minimum. They was no where as good as y’all or Huntingdon last year

4 hours ago, GbMan said:

If I’m not mistaken it was 8 / 8 at halftime 

then Gb was up 23 - 22 at the 4th but you can clearly see when we lost 23 and 15. When they left the game we had 3 straight turnovers. Enjoy this while you can with them 2 in the game would have been a different story. Donkey stomping I’m about to fall out of my chair lol. What you got when 23 and 15 was a early Christmas present. 

Now lookee here. I’m just going to say this so you might just stop embarrassing yourself. Son LC should have been up about 35-7 at the half if not for their own dumb penalties and if your boy had caught that ball he should of caught. Greenback was physically manhandled. Donkey stomped, whatever you want to call it. Your boy is a good player but came up against a much better team.  You should just be happy that you got a silver ball because obviously you didn’t have the lines, running game,  or overall defense to be competitive. You and Jr. need to throw those daddy glasses down and go back and watch the same game erybody else watched. Prayers for healing for your son, and good luck in future endeavors.

1 hour ago, Jim1972 said:

What would you have done about the coaching?Greenback has out coached South Pittsburgh 3 times now,and Whitwell did last year!your coach admitted he can't coach 4th down plays.Your small Pirates would have had to carry quarters to pay for the rides that LC bunch would have gave them.YOU DIDNT/DONT have enough for LC.LOL!!!Just really got to watch the game.Willis's drop after he burnt the secondary was crucial in the game,who knows what spark that could done.The game wasn't won by skill players,what I saw was a complete annihilation of the Offensive line.No QB nor WR will make any difference in that game if the QB can't set his feet to throw.LCs QB took exactly what was given in the pass game and it wasn't hard because for the most part they were WIDE open.

Enjoy it Lake County you deserve it!You had some big boys!

LRDAO.... Big time players supposed to make big time plays.  Maybe that was just a decoy play.  You knowd I aint joking either. 

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... Big time players supposed to make big time plays.  Maybe that was just a decoy play.  You knowd I aint joking either. 

RD, Old Pirate says LC fer sure had a great team. Dad Burnit, OP loved the Single Wing look with #5 taking the attack mode to a greater height. Willis is a good football player but he was neutralized. Does anyone know how many tackles Willis had? 

1 minute ago, OLD PIRATE said:

RD, Old Pirate says LC fer sure had a great team. Dad Burnit, OP loved the Single Wing look with #5 taking the attack mode to a greater height. Willis is a good football player but he was neutralized. Does anyone know how many tackles Willis had? 

OP that’s what’s called the “spread” now a days. Huntingdon runs a true single wing which just means we don’t put any fellers out there to actually spread the field. We just pack 22 players in the box and go! I like LC version better! 

2 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

OP that’s what’s called the “spread” now a days. Huntingdon runs a true single wing which just means we don’t put any fellers out there to actually spread the field. We just pack 22 players in the box and go! I like LC version better! 

ensley would do great in a spread offense

10 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

ensley would do great in a spread offense

Agree. That old single wing has been pretty good too us over the years though. We used to run it with “spinners” and all the other stuff. If anybody ever wants to see a true single wing in action you can go look up Huntingdon 2012 or better yet Apopka, Fl football on YouTube. It’s wild.

Edited by Mustang1969

• CoachT locked this topic