1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Agree. That old single wing has been pretty good too us over the years though. We used to run it with “spinners” and all the other stuff. If anybody ever wants to see a true single wing in action you can go look up Huntingdon 2012 or better yet Pahokee, Fl football on YouTube. It’s wild.

I saw the 2012 huntington up close trust me. I was at that round one game where yall throttled LC 50-15. That offense is impossible to start when you have a good line, which in 2012 yall did. Part of me wishes back in 2017 we had some classic I-formations to run with Johnson in the backfield. But the spread has been great for us. It's nice to see the best teams in the state not running the wing-t, I feel like after union city's success they got every middle school and most high schools in the state running that offense

3 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

The ONLY thing keeping this game close was penalties. Lets not ignore the uncalled facemask on Greenback, there were several. Someone actually posted pictures of them on facebook. If tubbs doesn't get hurt it would've been even worse. Also Colby Mason played hurt the entire game, he's our best linemen behind puckett and probably our best defensive linemen. Having him 100% would've made it worse too. Using 23 and 15 as an excuse for getting manhandled is a horrible excuse. Didn't nobody on Greenback want to tackle Snyder in the 4th quarter. Outgained GB 500-200 just thank the Lord the loss was only by 2 TD's.

You all aren't the only ones with pictures but no penalties called. I have plenty. Don't think your guys were angels out there. 

5 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

I saw the 2012 huntington up close trust me. I was at that round one game where yall throttled LC 50-15. That offense is impossible to start when you have a good line, which in 2012 yall did. Part of me wishes back in 2017 we had some classic I-formations to run with Johnson in the backfield. But the spread has been great for us. It's nice to see the best teams in the state not running the wing-t, I feel like after union city's success they got every middle school and most high schools in the state running that offense

Well you have your single wing, wing t, double wing, jet or rocket wing package and then you’ve got your Veer offense. That’s what UC runs is the veer. The qb has discretion on whether to run a belly to the fullback, run a keeper, or option to a halfback. It’s very  qb dependent and thus a lot of fumbles when you don’t quite have the personnel to run it. When you do have the right personnel it’s basically unstoppable.

8 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Well you have your single wing, wing t, double wing, jet or rocket wing package and then you’ve got your Veer offense. That’s what UC runs is the veer. The qb has discretion on whether to run a belly to the fullback, run a keeper, or option to a halfback. It’s very  qb dependent and thus a lot of fumbles when you don’t quite have the personnel to run it. When you do have the right personnel it’s basically unstoppable.

See there you know more than I do about the wings. UC had probably the most perfect personnel to run it

7 minutes ago, RedStateReject said:

Pretty sure the stat line of 10 penalties during the game showed that. However, only two for GB is kind of suspect.

I was just stating a fact that throughout the game there were several penalties that were missed. ON BOTH SIDES. It was a very hard fought game. 

• CoachT locked this topic