2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think you nailed it yeti. You guys had a great run this yr. I think Meigs will be hard to handle next yr also. Peabody I think will have more of a rebuild than you guys. 

We return our RB and great Sophomore QB will step up. He was the #2 guy who caught the long pass and run play. Hes a very skilled athlete. We return most of our LB I believe and graduate a few good lineman. We will definitely have a good season next year at a guess. 7-3 regular season at worst...  at least that's what I'm guessing. It could be as good as 9-1 if were fortunate and have some luck bounce our way. We play South Pitt again and Greenback as far as I know. Those will be tough games. Not to mention Rockwood is always pretty decent and Oneida just seems to reload. Have to get back with you in the preseason scrimmages I can tell alot first scrimmage normally.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

We return our RB and great Sophomore QB will step up. He was the #2 guy who caught the long pass and run play. Hes a very skilled athlete. We return most of our LB I believe and graduate a few good lineman. We will definitely have a good season next year at a guess. 7-3 regular season at worst...  at least that's what I'm guessing. It could be as good as 9-1 if were fortunate and have some luck bounce our way. We play South Pitt again and Greenback as far as I know. Those will be tough games. Not to mention Rockwood is always pretty decent and Oneida just seems to reload. Have to get back with you in the preseason scrimmages I can tell alot first scrimmage normally.

I think with the support and coaching Meigs the sky is the limit ..

18 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Was afraid someone would ask me that lol. Truth is I feel our teams were evenly matched it was 16-7 going into the half with us scoring 16 unanswered points. 2nd half was the problem for Meigs in my opinion. We tried to do the same thing that we were doing the first half and you all had adjusted to it at halftime. 3 times in a row we went 3 and out by trying first and 2nd down running it up the middle and obviously your LB were pulled inside and shut it down rather easily. At least in my opinion that's how it went. Our offensive and defensive line were handled by Peabodys line in the 2nd half. Not sure if we were just already wore out or it just seemed that way because you shut the inside lanes down all of the 2nd half. To win we needed to run outside the line of scrimmage some and throw sometimes on 1st or 2nd down. But it it what it is. You all made the needed adjustments and we didnt. End of story. We weren't able to shut your running back down any in the 2nd half and I'm not sure why we didnt couldn't. We had better success in the first half not necessarily shutting him down but at least slowing him down. Not sure if we were anticipating pass or what not but he was getting nearly 8 yards a carry it seemed 2nd half. To me 2nd half adjustments won the game for you all. Not to mention the fact that your RB is a manchild.B)  Anyhow, that's how I feel about it be it right or wrong. 

I don’t think meigs coaches thought they really needed to change anything. What meigs was doing was working. There was really no way for them to anticipate us changing the offense in the second half.     
you guys had a great season. Thanks for always being real and honest 

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

I think with the support and coaching Meigs the sky is the limit ..

We will definitely have a great run for the next 5 or 6 years. All of the young guys coming up are very skilled athletes. Some of the lineman on the middle school team seemed bigger than our current lineman lol. Its gonna be fun.

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

I don’t think meigs coaches thought they really needed to change anything. What meigs was doing was working. There was really no way for them to anticipate us changing the offense in the second half.     

Yeti is a straight shooter always has been .... 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah, but sometimes you need to make adjustments on the fly. I'm not back seat coaching either as I feel our coaching staff is top notch. Just hurts to see the same thing 3 times and yall capitalize three times lol. Just sucks how we lost is all. 

8 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Happens brother, someone had to lose and it happened to be us. Good news is we knew one of those colored balls was ours before we took the field. We just brought the other one home lol. All in all we had a great run and season and I was glad to see it all unfold. In the end we were good enough to get one of the trophies, just not necessarily the one we had hoped for. Last team standing wasnt Meigs, but we did better than any other team though besides Peabody and that's something to be proud of.

Edited by Imthayeti

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Happens brother, someone had to lose and it happened to be us. Good news is we knew one of those colored balls was ours before we took the field. We just brought the other one home lol. All in all we had a great run and season and in was glad to see it all unfold. In the end we were good enough to get one of the trophies, just not necessarily the one we had hoped for. In the end, we did better than any other team though besides Peabody and that's something to be proud of.

Very true 

43 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

9-1 in the regular season is very doable. Rolling through region 1 and 2 all the way to the semis at the creek bank is my prediction for next year. 

Edited by TigerGoat