Alcoa vs Pearl Cohn 3A Championship

Nextoneup

9 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Being a fan of PC I can understand your pride with your marching band. I announce ball games on the radio. When I have come in as the visitor, a couple of schools forced me to broadcast from a table outside right behind a band. When one is there trying to do a job, having the band jammed in your ear playing the entire game is obnoxious and unnerving. You see, I am just looking at things from a different perspective. Also, where I grew up bands playing during the course of a game is considered very unsportsmanlike. Bands can play play all they want at half time, before and after the game, and in between quarters and scores and I have zero problem with it. Sadly it has also drowned out the commentary on the TV. That is however a problem that can be fixed on site in a production truck

I'm a Springfield fan, but always had respect for the PC program since we (Springfield) moved to 4A in the fall of 95 and having played against the 96 and 97 PC teams. That being said, I gained a respect for their band as well bc they were jamming the whole time we played.

In your situation as an announcer, I do understand how someone would be VERY upset at the band playing during the entire game. As far as a school forcing you outside right behind the band to announce, to me, that's worse than the band playing during game. Go Jackets!!!

2 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

So, this game is what we've been waiting 3 years to see out of Pearl-Cohn? The talk in 2017 was all about what they were gonna do to Alcoa. Covington knocked them out. Same last year, Stratford knocked them out. Finally PC gets there in 2019 and at half, are on a pace to lose 54-0.

No disrespect to PC because they have some good athletes but they just didnt understand what they were wanting for the past few years! Alcoa, CAKe, Loudon, Aunt Betty up the street, AE, and perhaps even a Notre Dame team or two (you are welcome booger) have all been better than the teams Alcoa played in the state. 

3 minutes ago, Deion24 said:

No disrespect to PC because they have some good athletes but they just didnt understand what they were wanting for the past few years! Alcoa, CAKe, Loudon, Aunt Betty up the street, AE, and perhaps even a Notre Dame team or two (you are welcome booger) have all been better than the teams Alcoa played in the state. 

Umm...do you not recall last year scoring the winning TD with 16 seconds to go in the game? Pretty sure that Covington team deserves more respect than that.

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2019 at 6:22 AM, BCsportsfan said:

So, you are saying Alcoa will be ahead of Pearl Cohn by 35 points at halftime? And, you're sure of that to come on here and post that statement in stone?:blink:

Bookmark this page CoachT folks! Lets see if we have a WINNER!:thumb:

Getting close? I said 2nd half, you changed what I said by saying halftime. Still think that clock will not run in the 2nd half?

14 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Alcoa is good, we can't do nothing on offense!!

It’s frustrating to watch and I’m not a PC fan.  Despite how good Alcoa is; and they’re REALLY good, PCs line play has to get better.  I see guys not finishing/staying on blocks—that’s an effort and technique issue.  Likewise on the D-line, kids can’t get off blocks—-again a technique and effort issue.  With the talent on PC, I’m surprised to see this.  I guess these guys have gotten by all season on just talent...at least until you meet a technical sound and extremely motivated team like Alcoa.  Hang in there.  Better times ahead. 

Edited by MrBannon
Error

4 minutes ago, Deion24 said:

I think Covington was for sure second best team in state last two years in 3A. We would have given Alcoa a better game this year also than what your seeing today.

I meant no disrespect to Covington. I apologize. They were a really good team. I just think everyone underestimates the teams I mentioned because they never see them due to Alcoa. Maybe not last year but in years past, I feel the East had the top 1,2,3 4 teams. Hard to say if Covington would have been a better game since we are playing PC. However, we have heard so much about them the past several years that we are glad to finally see what the hype is all about.

• Upvote 1