Loretto vs Greenfield @ Westview

footballover

It will be a tough one.  Loretto's senior guard Mimi McBee has not played at all and missed most of the fall camp with a high ankle sprain.  She may get to start practicing this week.  We have miss her presence on the court, but some of the young players have gotten opportunities to grow and add to Loretto's depth.  With the 3 hour drive and Mimi not in game form or shape, if she can play,  it will be tough for Loretto to beat a very good Greenfield team.  Adding the Dresden girl on to Greenfields team just makes them tougher and the job harder.  Loretto girls will lace them up and play hard, I'm confident of that.   

33 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Not too often do you see this level of talent in a Single A game.... this Greenfield team might be one of the best Single A teams...ever??? on paper....

They ought to be!! Had a great team already and they went and added some insurance!! Are they as quick as South Side? South Side usually is the closest to replicating a boys game around here as you see. Greenfield will win this one. Revenge game. By 10-15. Reason I say this because Loretto has a 3 hour drive and post above says he has a starter out or hurt. Loretto healthy and close to home I would say Greenfield by 6 or 8.

Edited by pioneer42

On 12/2/2019 at 11:49 AM, pioneer42 said:

They ought to be!! Had a great team already and they went and added some insurance!! Are they as quick as South Side? South Side usually is the closest to replicating a boys game around here as you see. Greenfield will win this one. Revenge game. By 10-15. Reason I say this because Loretto has a 3 hour drive and post above says he has a starter out or hurt. Loretto healthy and close to home I would say Greenfield by 6 or 8.

I dont think they are quick and if they are considered quick, they wont be near South Side quickness. BUT, they dont have to be quick they are talented, good size, and extremely smart and do not turn the the ball over. I will not say who will win or who i think will win but i will say the 2020 Class A State Champion plays at 4pm Saturday

Call me crazy, but I'm taking Loretto by 5. I'll be there to witness it just like the rest of you lol and another thing: how does this Greenfield team compare to two teams I thought were really good: the 2015-16 GC team (with Fields, Lannom and White) and also that 14-15 Middleton team (with Perry, Joy, and Jones)

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

Call me crazy, but I'm taking Loretto by 5. I'll be there to witness it just like the rest of you lol and another thing: how does this Greenfield team compare to two teams I thought were really good: the 2015-16 GC team (with Fields, Lannom and White) and also that 14-15 Middleton team (with Perry, Joy, and Jones)

You guys are too young. Bradford and Gleason combined to dominate the 90's with great teams that would at least (in my opinion) be right there with any teams mentioned. Bill Haney was considered a guru of high school ball, and he commented on air that Bradford was by far the best team at Murfreesboro one season. I'd have to take their early/mid 90's teams over any I've seen since.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:25 AM, GCPioneer said:

Not too often do you see this level of talent in a Single A game.... this Greenfield team might be one of the best Single A teams...ever??? on paper....

Ummmm not sure about the “ever” part but then again I’m not sure they aren’t. Time will tell. Best Class A team I’ve seen would have to be the Clarkrange team that went undefeated and unchallenged in 08 or close to that year.  However they didn’t have a girl that signed with UT so.....