Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

3rddownpunt

WESTVIEW CHARGERS HEAD COACH JOB

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Something to remember about the son. If Puckett is hired as the coach and they don’t make a full move of residence to the Westview district in weakley co schools he will have to sit out a year per tssaa rules. 

I think there may be a loophole there for the son. Not quoting TSSAA, but I think there's a clause that allows players to transfer if a parent is hired... maybe within a time period?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I think there may be a loophole there for the son. Not quoting TSSAA, but I think there's a clause that allows players to transfer if a parent is hired... maybe within a time period?

You may be right. Hope you have a great Christmas Trader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You may be right. Hope you have a great Christmas Trader. 

You too BPM! Safe travels on your trip, and hope you have a blast in goonville… nothing like family being together for the holidays and making memories!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WestVol said:

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Lake County,  but I think if someone can do what he has done there, then he can be successful anywhere.  Yes, it's a very tough district, but if given a few years to work the boys in the weight room, I think he'd get Westview back on track. He'd also be bringing his son with him as well, that would be another much needed target for Simpson. I think the Puckett kid will be either a sophomore or junior and could really compliment the QB and his spread offense. I think if Puckett is interested in the job they need to make it happen.

Cayden Puckett is also a pretty good QB in his own right. The one time that he and Simpson faced off was their 8th grade year during the middle school playoffs for the TMSAA west sectionals and Puckett had a vastly better game between the two, along with a convincing win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 2:33 PM, RedStateReject said:

Cayden Puckett is also a pretty good QB in his own right. The one time that he and Simpson faced off was their 8th grade year during the middle school playoffs for the TMSAA west sectionals and Puckett had a vastly better game between the two, along with a convincing win.

Simpson had a broken throwing arm and a first year head coach, not hardly a fair comparison. I know he is a great athlete, but no way he would beat Simpson out at QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 5:01 PM, WestVol said:

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Lake County,  but I think if someone can do what he has done there, then he can be successful anywhere.  Yes, it's a very tough district, but if given a few years to work the boys in the weight room, I think he'd get Westview back on track. He'd also be bringing his son with him as well, that would be another much needed target for Simpson. I think the Puckett kid will be either a sophomore or junior and could really compliment the QB and his spread offense. I think if Puckett is interested in the job they need to make it happen.

Sorry bud. Lake County has so much more tradition than Westview. Westview is not winning any titles. Lake County is in the playoffs every year and a person can built a powerhouse at LC. Not a Westview. Westview has so much more politics to deal with than Westview. Puckett has built a great program at LC and at Westview a 6 and 4 season is good season. At Lake County you can go deep in the playoffs just about every year not so much at Westview. Little Puckett is a quarterback and a very good one. Westview has Simpson at qb and it would never work. Just my 2 cents on the subject. Plus Coach Puckett loves Lake County and Lake County feels the same about him. Check Lake County's history then check Westview and get back to me. Plus I would take Cayden Puckett over Simpson at qb anyday for high school football and I don't care how many stars Simpson has by his name.

Edited by lakecounty1968
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lake County is a better football job than Westview. Any shape or form you want to look at. Lake County is just the better football job. Plus Coach Puckett is also the head baseball coach. Westview looking for one of those to?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Coach Simpson at UTM may want to think about getting his son out of Martin and into another school a.s.a.p.  

The commute isn't bad..we will accept him here at Camden..lol  

Why do you say that btw?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

The commute isn't bad..we will accept him here at Camden..lol  

Why do you say that btw?

I'm sure you guys would take him at Camden.  

 

Aren't Milan and Peabody really close to Westview?  He'd really excel at those two places I know.  

 

It is apparent that with Westview being a worse job than Camden, Milan, Lake County, etc. that it may just be one of those places where making the state playoffs is a tremendous victory.  It doesn't seem like it's as attractive of a job as many would believe at first glance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to consider about Coach Puckett is at Lake County he has the final say so on football and baseball related matters. At Westview I don't think he would have that control. Coach Puckett may very well end up at Westview but I highly doubt it. At LC  he can win just about every year at Westview not so much. Just look at the region they play in. Lake County will pretty always be in the mix in 1A. Westview can't say that in 3A. Look at Westview since Cody left. It's been mediocre at best. LC fielded very good to decent teams during that same stretch. I also believe it is Caydens time to be the man at qb.UTM Simpson will never let that happen. There is more to the story on McConnell leaving after 1 year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...