2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Any school with access to kids all over and actually get um have a huge advantage over rural schools who play with the kids they've always had. Thats a real simple concept.

The simple truth is someone will always say that someone has an advantage. That’s the sad truth about society. Poor me look what everyone else has. Look in the mirror and see what you can do to make something happen. That’s the way I see It should be. Just my opinion and I know It doesn’t mean much. In this world someone is always going to have an advantage. Look for a way to rise above it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigEdMo said:

The simple truth is someone will always say that someone has an advantage. That’s the sad truth about society. Poor me look what everyone else has. Look in the mirror and see what you can do to make something happen. That’s the way I see It should be. Just my opinion and I know It doesn’t mean much. In this world someone is always going to have an advantage. Look for a way to rise above it. 

Agree with that also to an extent. No way to ever even it all out.

23 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Ok I live in Atwood, work in either Carroll or Gibson counties depending on assignment. I'm most likely about to take a job in Union City. You're telling me if my son was in high school he'd have to sit over this?

The 100 miles was just a number I threw out. You telling me that if your son was in high school you couldn’t drive from Atwood to Union City?

41 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

That’s not the point. It’s always an excuse. Privates are gone. Now it is transfers.  Then open enrollment. Blah blah blah. Line up and play football. But I do Remember a scrimmage when Kyle Akins got tired of throwing TD so we just worked on the run game. 

Your administration chose to give an incentive to attract athletes to your school. I didn’t. Therefore the choice was made to play against other schools who offer the same incentives. Pretty simple and straightforward. TSSAA did well in that case but it’s a no brainer. Akin was a good player, but I didn’t find any scrimmage results in my yearbook. We are talking public schools, I really don’t even think about private’s anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Your administration chose to give an incentive to attract athletes to your school. I didn’t. Therefore the choice was made to play against other schools who offer the same incentives. Pretty simple and straightforward. TSSAA did well in that case but it’s a no brainer. Akin was a good player, but I didn’t find any scrimmage results in my yearbook. We are talking public schools, I really don’t even think about private’s anymore. 

Hahahaha. I know. You have moved on to schools with other advantages. Hahahahaha. There’s a tear in my beer!!!! And we could have played that year but y’all didn’t get past Mitchell. Y’all complained about their band.  Always excuses. 

Edited by BigEdMo

17 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Hahahaha. I know. You have moved on to schools with other advantages. Hahahahaha. There’s a tear in my beer!!!! And we could have played that year but y’all didn’t get past Mitchell. Y’all complained about their band.  Always excuses. 

I remember back several years ago there was a big ol boy with a smart mouth and a TCA sweater vest that got knocked out with a pumpkin at the DU banquet. You know that ol boy? Complained about the band? Heck we was rocking with em. I look for 2020 to be a lot like the 2013 bunch your talking about. We lost the house after 2012 about like we are after this season.

Just now, Mustang1969 said:

I remember back several years ago there was a big ol boy with a smart mouth and a TCA sweater vest that got knocked out with a pumpkin at the DU banquet. You know that ol boy? Complained about the band? Heck we was rocking with em. I look for 2020 to be a lot like the 2013 bunch your talking about. We lost the house after 2012 about like we are after this season.

Em don’t know about the pumpkin reference. But I can Guarantee you I am Not your typical sweater vester. So don’t judge this book by its cover.