2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

5 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

As sacred heart has no football team, you calling them a rival is being ill informed. I will also take a propery mainained grass field over turf any day. Sorry, not crying about that either

You don’t play them in any other sports? They are your rival. Last I heard they were playing 7 man football, y’all should have tried to schedule them. It ain’t about what you like doofus it’s about what the kids your recruiting like. No wonder you can’t win in the private division.

9 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Look again. We lost 12 seniors which is alot but not all 12 of them started. We have a several kids that can step in at running back. We do have a qb in waiting who will be a household name next year. We where hit hard on the lines but do return a good nucleus there also. If you notice we rotated defensive linemen at will against Greenback. Not all of them were seniors. Return 3 dbs and two really good linebackers. The cupboard isn't as bare as it seems. LC will be no Whitwell I promise you that. We lost a great senior class no doubt but LC is not dead in the water by any means.

Agree! 

15 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Again grouping all together. We played y’all 2 years ago and y’all beat the brakes off of us. Never heard us cry. Y’all were the better team. Where was our bought recruits that night. We take what we get and do the best we can. Just like the Falcons do.  But we cry?  Not TCA. 

I understand what you are saying. I will say that you guys are one of the few if not only private schools that did things the right way. You have to understand why schools “cry” especially smaller schools is because it’s a distinct advantage when you can just go out and get players from wherever. LC remembers having to play ECS, USJ, etc they didn’t operate the same way you guys do. 

5 minutes ago, faLConALUM said:

That may be true but most privates aren’t operating that way. I can count about 3 more state championships that LC could potentially have without playing private schools. ECS personally cost us probably 2. 

Jackson Christian cost LC one in 2006. They had that receiver that lived in Ripley. They beat us 26 to 21 that night in the last 30 seconds of the game. Nothing is for sure but JCS went on to have a very easy semifinal game and then won the title. USJ in 1993 also caused LC from not getting there. We lost 13 to 8. I think they lost in championship 14 to 7 to Trousdale County. Memphis ECS caused LC two titles in 1983 and 1984. TCA is the only private school I know that did things the right way and played by the public school rules.

6 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Jackson Christian cost LC one in 2006. They had that receiver that lived in Ripley. They beat us 26 to 21 that night in the last 30 seconds of the game. Nothing is for sure but JCS went on to have a very easy semifinal game and then won the title. USJ in 1993 also caused LC from not getting there. We lost 13 to 8. I think they lost in championship 14 to 7 to Trousdale County. Memphis ECS caused LC two titles in 1983 and 1984. TCA is the only private school I know that did things the right way and played by the public school rules.

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, faLConALUM said:

I understand what you are saying. I will say that you guys are one of the few if not only private schools that did things the right way. You have to understand why schools “cry” especially smaller schools is because it’s a distinct advantage when you can just go out and get players from wherever. LC remembers having to play ECS, USJ, etc they didn’t operate the same way you guys do. 

I understand.  And I hate For all the schools that are cheated. I’m just not going to cry about unfair. None of my post were towards LC. 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

I understand.  And I hate For all the schools that are cheated. I’m just not going to cry about unfair. None of my post were towards LC. 

Of course they were, your on a thread that states 1A 2020. Those LC folks don’t live as close to Jackson as most or they wouldn’t say TCA tried to do things by the rules either. That’s laughable.

1 minute ago, Mustang1969 said:

Of course they were, your on a thread that states 1A 2020. Those LC folks don’t live as close to Jackson as most or they wouldn’t say TCA tried to do things by the rules either. That’s laughable.

Mustang 1969 I just heard or seen TCA do things the wrong way. I do know for a fact that USJ and JCS have players from all over West Tn attend their schools and all happen to play football. I never heard or saw TCA operate that way.