2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

8 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

The truth is the same as it’s always been. Play for the public school your supposed to play for or go to a private school and play against the competition that follows the same rules you follow. I don’t know what girls basketball has to do with it.

Add another class then maybe everyone will get their gold ball!!!  Hahahahaha. Pay for play. Transfers. Hahahaha. Excuses

1 minute ago, ReitzFan said:

I forgot, you small fellers also cry about the open zoned schools too.

My whole point being that it is consistantly the smaller schools always being the ones to complain about private schools, transfers, recruiting,  and open zone rules. 

No actually Huntingdon is an open zoned school as well. High school football should not be a free agent market. That’s my opinion and you are welcome to yours. 

Just now, Mustang1969 said:

No actually Huntingdon is an open zoned school as well. High school football should not be a free agent market. That’s my opinion and you are welcome to yours. 

High school football and basketball already are free agent markets. Many would say open zoned scools should have a multiplier attached to them because of that recruiting advantage 

13 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Pretty sure I can count on one hand the amount of times any private has beaten Huntingdon on a football field.

That’s not the point. It’s always an excuse. Privates are gone. Now it is transfers.  Then open enrollment. Blah blah blah. Line up and play football. But I do Remember a scrimmage when Kyle Akins got tired of throwing TD so we just worked on the run game. 

Edited by BigEdMo

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Rural and Urban,Privates would be welcome in my opinion.

Your right. Add open enrollment. Charter school division. Schools with more than 3 school busses and schools with grass fields. Schools with turf. Then maybe just maybe everyone will be happy and get a gold ball. 

16 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

Agree. I say unless it’s a move of 100 miles the student athlete needs to sit a year.

Ok I live in Atwood, work in either Carroll or Gibson counties depending on assignment. I'm most likely about to take a job in Union City. You're telling me if my son was in high school he'd have to sit over this?

Just now, BigEdMo said:

Your right. Add open enrollment. Charter school division. Schools with more than 3 school busses and schools with grass fields. Schools with turf. Then maybe just maybe everyone will be happy and get a gold ball. 

Any school with access to kids all over and actually get um have a huge advantage over rural schools who play with the kids they've always had. Thats a real simple concept.