2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

4 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

If they don’t get better coaching they will continue to get beat by LC. They probably have the most athletic team in 1A but absolutely no discipline and horrible fundamentals. The well coached teams like Huntington/LC would run it up on them. Imo it’s LC and Huntington again, unless Fayetteville/hunt land/cville can beat huntington in round 3. After seeing the performance from our sophomores/juniors in the championship game I think LC will 100% compete again

I was very impressed by Lake County yesterday. I see your team was almost all seniors. I’d be very surprised if Lake County repeats. Congrats again on a special season. 

5 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Nope. Wrong answer. Every team has downturns on occasion.  Your Falcons have been thru them plenty of times and ya'll will be going thru them again. We will at some point rise again. Nice try to downgrade a program Scooter. Congratulations on the win Friday.  It was impressive

I wasn’t trying to downgrade a program. I just do not think it’s logical to say people were crying about privates. Of course it was an issue because smaller public schools don’t have the ability and resources to just go out and get players to replace what is lost. You guys acting like being private and playing against public schools isn’t an advantage is laughable. 

12 minutes ago, faLConALUM said:

I wasn’t trying to downgrade a program. I just do not think it’s logical to say people were crying about privates. Of course it was an issue because smaller public schools don’t have the ability and resources to just go out and get players to replace what is lost. You guys acting like being private and playing against public schools isn’t an advantage is laughable. 

You try unfairly being saddled with the multiplier and see what you think. We have never offered scholarship dollar one either. There are different levels of privates. We are not of the blue blood variety

Edited by ReitzFan

Just now, ReitzFan said:

You try unfairly being saddled with the multiplier and see what you think. We have never offered scholarship dollar one either.

That may be true but most privates aren’t operating that way. I can count about 3 more state championships that LC could potentially have without playing private schools. ECS personally cost us probably 2. 

3 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

You try unfairly being saddled with the multiplier and see what you think. We have never offered scholarship dollar one either.

And you came in here to say everyone else was crying. Y’all better get you some turf or you’ll be falling farther behind to your rivals, JCS and USJ and Sacred Heart.

2 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

And you came in here to say everyone else was crying. Y’all better get you some turf or you’ll be falling farther behind to your rivals, JCS and USJ and Sacred Heart.

As sacred heart has no football team, you calling them a rival is being ill informed. I will also take a propery mainained grass field over turf any day. Sorry, not crying about that either

Edited by ReitzFan

12 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I was very impressed by Lake County yesterday. I see your team was almost all seniors. I’d be very surprised if Lake County repeats. Congrats again on a special season. 

Look again. We lost 12 seniors which is alot but not all 12 of them started. We have a several kids that can step in at running back. We do have a qb in waiting who will be a household name next year. We where hit hard on the lines but do return a good nucleus there also. If you notice we rotated defensive linemen at will against Greenback. Not all of them were seniors. Return 3 dbs and two really good linebackers. The cupboard isn't as bare as it seems. LC will be no Whitwell I promise you that. We lost a great senior class no doubt but LC is not dead in the water by any means.

6 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

The turf has helped y’all in REGULAR season. That’s for sure. 

Edited by BigEdMo

8 minutes ago, faLConALUM said:

That may be true but most privates aren’t operating that way. I can count about 3 more state championships that LC could potentially have without playing private schools. ECS personally cost us probably 2. 

Again grouping all together. We played y’all 2 years ago and y’all beat the brakes off of us. Never heard us cry. Y’all were the better team. Where was our bought recruits that night. We take what we get and do the best we can. Just like the Falcons do.  But we cry?  Not TCA.