2020 1A- Who ya got???

Mustang1969

Just now, Mustang1969 said:

Some big ol smart mouth boy with a TCA sweater vest on got drunk and started flapping his gums and another guy finally heard enough and took a pumpkin and smashed it over his head. To be fair though once the sweater vester got the pumpkin dislodged from his head he put up a decent fight. Carroll County DU banquet about 10 years ago or so.

Hahahaha. Ok. That’s a good one. Now I like That kind of stuff right there.  Like I said I’m not your typical sweater vester. Good luck next year. 

3 hours ago, Mustang1969 said:

Your administration chose to give an incentive to attract athletes to your school. I didn’t. Therefore the choice was made to play against other schools who offer the same incentives. Pretty simple and straightforward. TSSAA did well in that case but it’s a no brainer. Akin was a good player, but I didn’t find any scrimmage results in my yearbook. We are talking public schools, I really don’t even think about private’s anymore. 

Way off. Their administration chose to play in DI, and were forced to DII because other privates choosing to compete in DI wouldn't follow the spirit of the rules. Maybe they're off to a slow start competing in DII because they followed DI's rules about recruiting, and just didn't know how or didn't have any "connections" with younger recruits? Not trying to stir in something that I know stinks, but TCA and "my" school go back to the beginning for TCA, and they've never even had a rumor circulate about cheating.

To address the rest of the ideas being thrown around... I think that the current policy for transfers is pretty dang good. Kids who have to transfer because of family situations/jobs/relocation/ect… can play immediately, but if you just want to play for someone different, you sit. The problem isn't with the policy, it's with the enforcement of the policy, and investigation of the infractions. Someone earlier nailed TSSAA's standard reaction. When notified, they simply ask the school if there's anything not within the rules, and when assured by the school that it's all good, unless someone other than TSSAA sends in concrete, conclusive evidence to the contrary, it's case closed. Most of the cases of ineligible players are self reported, and penalties self imposed. TSSAA only gets involved if the school' imposition of penalty isn't up to standards, or clear and indisputable evidence of an infraction is laid in their lap.

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Way off. Their administration chose to play in DI, and were forced to DII because other privates choosing to compete in DI wouldn't follow the spirit of the rules. Maybe they're off to a slow start competing in DII because they followed DI's rules about recruiting, and just didn't know how or didn't have any "connections" with younger recruits? Not trying to stir in something that I know stinks, but TCA and "my" school go back to the beginning for TCA, and they've never even had a rumor circulate about cheating.

To address the rest of the ideas being thrown around... I think that the current policy for transfers is pretty dang good. Kids who have to transfer because of family situations/jobs/relocation/ect… can play immediately, but if you just want to play for someone different, you sit. The problem isn't with the policy, it's with the enforcement of the policy, and investigation of the infractions. Someone earlier nailed TSSAA's standard reaction. When notified, they simply ask the school if there's anything not within the rules, and when assured by the school that it's all good, unless someone other than TSSAA sends in concrete, conclusive evidence to the contrary, it's case closed. Most of the cases of ineligible players are self reported, and penalties self imposed. TSSAA only gets involved if the school' imposition of penalty isn't up to standards, or clear and indisputable evidence of an infraction is laid in their lap.

Thanks Trader. And bingo. Good luck next year on the Hill. And I guess Good luck to your guy over at USJ. Man that hurt to say the last part. And you will not see that comment over on the other board. Hahahahaha. 

Just now, BigEdMo said:

Thanks Trader. And bingo. Good luck next year on the Hill. And I guess Good luck to your guy over at USJ. Man that hurt to say the last part. And you will not see that comment over on the other board. Hahahahaha. 

Don't you ever believe that I don't give 'ol Stroup heck about that too! When I sent him a text wishing them luck in the title game, I also told him that I threw up a little in my mouth when I said it out loud to see if I sounded convincing to myself.

As always... best of luck to you guys, I really wish that we could get back on track playing each other, man I miss that!!!

13 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Don't you ever believe that I don't give 'ol Stroup heck about that too! When I sent him a text wishing them luck in the title game, I also told him that I threw up a little in my mouth when I said it out loud to see if I sounded convincing to myself.

As always... best of luck to you guys, I really wish that we could get back on track playing each other, man I miss that!!!

I have Plugged putting y’all in as non region game. Maybe it will happen. 

1 hour ago, Mustang1969 said:

You don’t play them in any other sports? They are your rival. Last I heard they were playing 7 man football, y’all should have tried to schedule them. It ain’t about what you like doofus it’s about what the kids your recruiting like. No wonder you can’t win in the private division.

Why would you make ridiculous statements that we should have scheduled SH ? It just makes YOU look like the doofus. None of our boys want to play 7 man ball. Your continued foolish statements make you unworthy of further discussion with me. 

5 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Why would you make ridiculous statements that we should have scheduled SH ? It just makes YOU look like the doofus. None of our boys want to play 7 man ball. Your continued foolish statements make you unworthy of further discussion with me. 

You need to take yourself a little less serious. It was a joke you buffoon. You really are as stupid as I’ve heard. Diamond Dave thinks your a clown.

49 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

+1.   I’ve learned over the years that tradertwo has a pretty extensive knowledge about all this.  

open zone still has their rules.  There is still NO recruiting.  If you come in as a freshman then you are fine.  If you play at Jasper for instance as a freshman, then want to transfer to SP as a sophomore, you have to sit 365 days unless you move to a bonafide address in SP.   if you want to move back the same rules apply.  So the only positive about open zone is switch schools prior to freshman.   Everything else is same.

Look at these numbers:

RHMS —> SPHS = 1.5 miles
SPHS —-> MCHS = 8 miles

MCHS —> WHS = 11 miles

MES —-> SPHS = 20 miles
MES —-> MCHS = 22 miles

My point is we are not a large county.  And you have 4 high schools within a short distance, not just 2 school like you in most places where there is 1 city school then 1 County school.  Also most people have always believed that Monteagle is in Grundy Co, which it is partly, but also partly Marion Co,  Their elementary school MED is part of the Marion County School system.  Just saying don’t knock open zoned schools because it’s not really all that it’s cracked up to be advantage wise.