SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

45 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

You have a few bad cops so get rid of them all. Why don’t sports defund refs? I’ve seen quite a few that was bad over the years. 

BBC News article today.

Chicago saw its deadliest day in at least 60 years last month, with 18 killings within a 24-hour period on 31 May.

The violence occurred as protests over George Floyd's death in Minneapolis also spurred rioting and looting in the Windy City.

Over the last weekend in May - a three day holiday - 85 people were shot and 24 killed, according to the University of Chicago Crime Lab.

Most of the victims were black.

The dead and injured include students, parents and middle-aged workers, according to the data published in the Chicago Sun-Times.

"We've never seen anything like it, at all," senior research director Max Kapustin told the newspaper, noting that the Crime Lab's data only goes back as far as 1961.

"I don't even know how to put it into context," he said. "It's beyond anything that we've ever seen before."

Mr Kapustin added that protests over Mr Floyd's 25 May death in police custody may have distracted Chicago Police Department (CPD) resources from normal patrol duties.

"When CPD has to turn its attention elsewhere and there's suddenly this vacuum that opens up, you also unfortunately see a picture like you saw with [last] weekend where you see an absurd amount of carnage, people getting injured and killed," he said.

The second deadliest day in the city's history was 4 August 1991, when 13 people were killed, according to the data.

Now how bad they think this is gonna be with a defunded organization. I mean alot of times you get what you pay for. Not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to be an officer in a big city now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

BBC News article today.

Chicago saw its deadliest day in at least 60 years last month, with 18 killings within a 24-hour period on 31 May.

The violence occurred as protests over George Floyd's death in Minneapolis also spurred rioting and looting in the Windy City.

Over the last weekend in May - a three day holiday - 85 people were shot and 24 killed, according to the University of Chicago Crime Lab.

Most of the victims were black.

The dead and injured include students, parents and middle-aged workers, according to the data published in the Chicago Sun-Times.

"We've never seen anything like it, at all," senior research director Max Kapustin told the newspaper, noting that the Crime Lab's data only goes back as far as 1961.

"I don't even know how to put it into context," he said. "It's beyond anything that we've ever seen before."

Mr Kapustin added that protests over Mr Floyd's 25 May death in police custody may have distracted Chicago Police Department (CPD) resources from normal patrol duties.

"When CPD has to turn its attention elsewhere and there's suddenly this vacuum that opens up, you also unfortunately see a picture like you saw with [last] weekend where you see an absurd amount of carnage, people getting injured and killed," he said.

The second deadliest day in the city's history was 4 August 1991, when 13 people were killed, according to the data.

Now how bad they think this is gonna be with a defunded organization. I mean alot of times you get what you pay for. Not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to be an officer in a big city now.

Never seen anything that Trump didn't know or know how to fix. This should be fixed in a couple of minutes.  The Whiz kid

21 minutes ago, pujo said:

Never seen anything that Trump didn't know or know how to fix. This should be fixed in a couple of minutes.  The Whiz kid

Mostly Democratic run areas trying to defund police.... we all know they will try and blame Trump though for the outcome. It's just their way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Trump tweets to those protesting stay at home orders:

Liberate

Trump tweets against those protesting racial inequality:

Dominate

Liberals say,  ARREST THOSE WHO DON'T STAY AT HOME DURING PANDEMIC

Also liberals, DEFUND THE POLICE!! :lol:

38 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Lol, so you see nothing wrong with Democrats causing strife and chaos as long as they can blame Trump or anyone but themselves?

Trump may be the head man,  but this country was set up so that the states could govern themselves.  History has shown that chaos, poverty, and crime follow democratic leadership.  As long as there are idiots in the world,  democrats will continue to get elected.  Most of those who vote for Biden will do so because they hate president Trump and his brash personality.  Not because Biden can be a good leader because we know he can not!  Biden  has been a politician for decades and has never struck a lick.  He and Obama had many opportunities to move race relations forward and cut down povery and crime in the black community.  They never did.  And now they want to take a knee with their scarfs of many colors to get more votes, smdh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Trump may be the head man,  but this country was set up so that the states could govern themselvesHistory has shown that chaos, poverty, and crime follow democratic leadership.  As long as there are idiots in the world,  democrats will continue to get elected.  Most of those who vote for Biden will do so because they hate president Trump and his brash personality.  Not because Biden can be a good leader because we know he can not!  Biden  has been a politician for decades and has never struck a lick.  He and Obama had many opportunities to move race relations forward and cut down povery and crime in the black community.  They never did.  And now they want to take a knee with their scarfs of many colors to get more votes, smdh

Can always send 400 million to Iran like the last president. Why not fund terrorism like the last president did. Maybe after they defund the police they can send that money to Iran as well. The Democrat way.