SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

Just now, uknoit2 said:

And wallah! Lookie where we are today after decades of the blind leading! But let's be honest, concerning what we're talking about, a lot of people desire to be blind and stay that way! They feel it takes away accountability. They will soon find out how wrong they are. 

People have always wanted to rule themselves, it don't end up so great. 

On 5/24/2020 at 7:19 PM, pujo said:

Won't be much of an election to it. A waste of time.

Come on pujo, not on Memorial Day weekend! Not looking to make more of it than you meant, but lots of folks have invested blood, sweat, tears, and lives for the right... it's always important.

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Come on pujo, not on Memorial Day weekend! Not looking to make more of it than you meant, but lots of folks have invested blood, sweat, tears, and lives for the right... it's always important.

62 years old and was in the military, never voted yet and won't start now. Its all tooooooooooooooooooo corrupt.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Shoot both sides are swearing the election is gonna be rigged,Whats the point. Looks like people lost a lot of blood sweat and tears for nothing.

51 minutes ago, pujo said:

Shoot both sides are swearing the election is gonna be rigged,Whats the point. Looks like people lost a lot of blood sweat and tears for nothing.

C'mon, you were in the military.  Think of some of the places overseas you might have been.  "All for nothing"?  Won't believe that on a day like today or any other.

6 hours ago, LTCB said:

C'mon, you were in the military.  Think of some of the places overseas you might have been.  "All for nothing"?  Won't believe that on a day like today or any other.

Never went overseas, was right at the end of the Vietnam war, just saw a bunch of messed up people coming back. One messed up war that messed our soldiers and families up. Don't think Vietnam was messing with our right to vote. You can't go to war with every Country that don't adhere to our type of Government. 

8 hours ago, pujo said:

Never went overseas, was right at the end of the Vietnam war, just saw a bunch of messed up people coming back. One messed up war that messed our soldiers and families up. Don't think Vietnam was messing with our right to vote. You can't go to war with every Country that don't adhere to our type of Government. 

If everyone had that opinion, it wouldn't be necessary to ever go to war... unfortunately, there are those controlling armies around the globe that would sacrifice most of the populations of their countries to bring us down, and most of those not in that category look to us first to defend their freedoms as well.

Since you were in the service of our armed forces, let me say a heartfelt "THANK YOU".

This old dead British guy that was very critical of the way the British government was treating the colonies in America is often quoted as saying "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  Sometimes war is the right and necessary course of action. 

2 hours ago, LTCB said:

This old dead British guy that was very critical of the way the British government was treating the colonies in America is often quoted as saying "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  Sometimes war is the right and necessary course of action. 

Love being a citizen in the good ole USA but make no mistake,we have a lot of skeletons in our closet. 

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

Love being a citizen in the good ole USA but make no mistake,we have a lot of skeletons in our closet. 

Yes we have skeletons in our closets - but having retired from the service, been on 4 continents and in 21 countries, I have not seen a better option. The price paid in blood is honored each time you cast a ballot, if you choose not to vote, you may still complain about how things are done even though you choose not participate - that is your right. The price was paid for you to have that choice, which is part of the genius of the Republic.

Your years of service (76ish I am guessing) were tough years to be in, thank you for being willing to serve when almost everyone was abandoning the services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Yes we have skeletons in our closets - but having retired from the service, been on 4 continents and in 21 countries, I have not seen a better option. The price paid in blood is honored each time you cast a ballot, if you choose not to vote, you may still complain about how things are done even though you choose not participate - that is your right. The price was paid for you to have that choice, which is part of the genius of the Republic.

Your years of service (76ish I am guessing) were tough years to be in, thank you for being willing to serve when almost everyone was abandoning the services.

I have had similar experiences and concur with you.