SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I dont get your point.Sum1 stated China has 126 million people and only test 474,000 people,had over 18000 test positive. Tenn has no where near that many people but we have tested MORE than them therefore we have more positive tests.If China tested like we are in Tenn they would have much,much more.I dont doubt things could have been done better but I am also one who thinks the US went WAAAY overboard on this as we are right now.Its to a ridiculous point.No reasons to shut us down.The rates are really small.The ones at risk no who they are and the need to do what they have to.The rest of us can use common sense.

We are in the dark on what is really going on here.Tooooo many people in the medical profession have came out about how these tests are done and the criteria to call it COVID.Money is being made by calling it COVID and hospitals are getting kickbacks.This is a politically backed pandemic whether you agree or not.

Not saying anyone has any more cases than anyone else,just saying that people who have it don't have to be tested. If I've got a toothache and don't report it,I've still got a toothache. My theory is a little different than others but thats just it ,its a theory, were all in the dark, they've not even verified the foundation. shoot we've had world wars over less than this.

13 minutes ago, pujo said:

Not saying anyone has any more cases than anyone else,just saying that people who have it don't have to be tested. If I've got a toothache and don't report it,I've still got a toothache. My theory is a little different than others but thats just it ,its a theory, were all in the dark, they've not even verified the foundation. shoot we've had world wars over less than this.

Oh the foundation is verified but most dont want to hear that.This thing was put into the works in 2016!Its all political.

Just now, orngnblk said:

Oh the foundation is verified but most dont want to hear that.This thing was put into the works in 2016!Its all political.

If its verified,why don't they tell us us. I will say our views are fairly similar. I'm pretty sure people know a lot more than they tell us.  All this Highly Classified that they hide from the actual people is a pile of crap. As a Country ,we deserve the truth about everything. Don't hide crap from us and act like they are protecting us. We're all big boys and girls.

• Upvote 1

Four plans for football were discussed. Those plans are as follows:

1. If the executive order expires on Aug. 29, practice would begin on Aug. 30 with the first game on Sept. 18. All regular season schedules for schools would be replaced by the state office with a seven-week region schedule for all schools. Playoffs would be conducted as usual, but schools that do not make the playoffs would be able to play two extra games after the regular season.
  2. If the executive order expires on Aug. 29, practice could begin on Aug. 30 with the first game on Sept. 18. All regular season schedules for schools would be replaced by the state office with an eight-week region schedule. The regular season would extend into Week 12 and the first-round of the playoffs would be eliminated (only region champions and runners-up would qualify). Teams that do not qualify for the playoffs would be able to play two extra games after the regular season.
  3. If the executive order expires on Aug. 29, practice would begin on Aug. 30 with the first game on Sept. 18. Schools would keep their current schedule and begin play with the Week 5 game on September 18. Games scheduled against member schools for Week 3 would be played in Week 12. Games scheduled against member schools for Week 4 would be played in Week 13. Only region champions would advance to the playoffs beginning in Week 14. Schools that do not qualify for the playoffs would be able to play one extra game.
  4. Cancel playoffs and championships. Start practice on August 30. Schools play games as scheduled beginning with Week 5 games on September 18. Move games against member schools from Weeks 1-4 to Weeks 12-15.

The Board will meet again on July 8 to make a decision regarding football.

The Board also voted to table the discussion on classification and requested that the staff try to secure a location to hold a face-to-face meeting for the classification study session.

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

1. If the executive order expires on Aug. 29, practice would begin on Aug. 30 with the first game on Sept. 18. All regular season schedules for schools would be replaced by the state office with a seven-week region schedule for all schools. Playoffs would be conducted as usual, but schools that do not make the playoffs would be able to play two extra games after the regular season.
  2. If the executive order expires on Aug. 29, practice could begin on Aug. 30 with the first game on Sept. 18. All regular season schedules for schools would be replaced by the state office with an eight-week region schedule. The regular season would extend into Week 12 and the first-round of the playoffs would be eliminated (only region champions and runners-up would qualify). Teams that do not qualify for the playoffs would be able to play two extra games after the regular season.
  3. If the executive order expires on Aug. 29, practice would begin on Aug. 30 with the first game on Sept. 18. Schools would keep their current schedule and begin play with the Week 5 game on September 18. Games scheduled against member schools for Week 3 would be played in Week 12. Games scheduled against member schools for Week 4 would be played in Week 13. Only region champions would advance to the playoffs beginning in Week 14. Schools that do not qualify for the playoffs would be able to play one extra game.
  4. Cancel playoffs and championships. Start practice on August 30. Schools play games as scheduled beginning with Week 5 games on September 18. Move games against member schools from Weeks 1-4 to Weeks 12-15.

The Board also voted to table the discussion on classification and requested that the staff try to secure a location to hold a face-to-face meeting for the classification study session.

TSSAA will approve the format that makes them the most money. I'm still not sure there will even be football this year honestly. 

I would be in favor of plan #2 if it comes down to it.

Just now, Southtowner said:

If I had a vote I'd go with option 3.  

2 less rounds of playoffs.  If we all can get that far maybe just maybe we could play it out to the end.

I've been hearing that option 2 is more favorable among coaches in the Chattanooga area.   But I'd rather have option 3 since we can keep the same schedule and not have the state office make it.

Week 3 and week 5 games would be played in week 12 and week 13 respectively. 

We would miss out on week 1 and week 2 games.

1 minute ago, PurplePower68 said:

TSSAA will approve the format that makes them the most money. I'm still not sure there will even be football this year honestly. 

I would be in favor of plan #2 if it comes down to it.

Well,  I can see that happening.   

I'd rather go with option 3.  I'd have to know more about option 1 and 2 considering the State office will make out the schedules.  I don't think I'm too fond of that.  But it will be a whole lot better than option 4. 

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Well,  I can see that happening.   

I'd rather go with option 3.  I'd have to know more about option 1 and 2 considering the State office will make out the schedules.  I don't think I'm too fond of that.  But it will be a whole lot better than option 4. 

I'm not a fan of #4 either. I don't want to give up the first 2 games either because they are both home games for us. If only region champions made the playoffs that really benefits schools that play in weak regions. There are a some 2nd place teams in other regions that would probably boatrace some region champions. They just happen to be in a tougher region. 

We actually won a state title after finishing 2nd in our region and the playoff games were not even close.

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I'm not a fan of #4 either. I don't want to give up the first 2 games either because they are both home games for us. If only region champions made the playoffs that really benefits schools that play in weak regions. There are a some 2nd place teams in other regions that would probably boatrace some region champions. They just happen to be in a tougher region. 

We actually won a state title after finishing 2nd in our region and the playoff games were not even close.

I really can't argue against your point other than once the playoffs start I'd like to see them finished.  With less playoff games once we got there I'd like the chances of them concluding.   But I also realize the length of the season would be the same? 

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I really can't argue against your point other than once the playoffs start I'd like to see them finished.  With less playoff games once we got there I'd like the chances of them concluding.   But I also realize the length of the season would be the same? 

They may adopt a format Wednesday but there's still a lot to be seen before this executive order expires. We've had about 5 or 6 cases pop up where I work in the past couple weeks. If this trend continues in America I don't see any sports being played in 2020. Professional or amateur.