SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

11 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Magog=Russia.(My opinion from reading Ezekiel 38).

Alot of different views on parts of Revelation.Some say the War of Gog and Magog a has already happened and some say it hasnt.Also different views on the second coming.Premillineal,Post and Aumellineal.Some of it we arent supposed to understand YET.I wont argue it because you can lose friends VERY quickly over it.LOL.

For some levity, this reminds me of a story someone told back up the line - can remember from who but here goes:

"Growing up we were regular attenders of a church in town, of which there was another church of the same denomination only a block away. Our church got a new pastor, and he preached post tribulation doctrine. My father did not agree, and after several debates with the pastor, we left that church and begin to attend the one a block away, which ascribed to a pre tribulation doctrine. To my young mind it was a no brainer - I got out of 7 years of tribulation by walking a block further down the street"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Magog=Russia.(My opinion from reading Ezekiel 38).

Alot of different views on parts of Revelation.Some say the War of Gog and Magog a has already happened and some say it hasnt.Also different views on the second coming.Premillineal,Post and Aumellineal.Some of it we arent supposed to understand YET.I wont argue it because you can lose friends VERY quickly over it.LOL.

I've seen good arguments for it being past and good ones for it being future. Is it possible that it is both? A dual fulfilment prophecy possibly?

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

41 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I've seen good arguments for it being pay and good ones for it being future. Is it possible that it is both? A dual fulfilment prophecy possibly?

I personally think it is to come.Verse 16 I think talks about LATTER days.Also Russia being a communist State now.I also dont see how those Cities named could have at that time been large enough to wage war on Israel.Lets not forget Israel is a bad dude,they havent NEVERZ lost a war.LOL.Another thing it talks about being in a safe place and since 1948 when they became a Country again they have been pretty comfortable.Just my thoughts.My tickets punched so I'm not gonna be here in those terrible 7 years.I would hate having to go thru that!

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

For some levity, this reminds me of a story someone told back up the line - can remember from who but here goes:

"Growing up we were regular attenders of a church in town, of which there was another church of the same denomination only a block away. Our church got a new pastor, and he preached post tribulation doctrine. My father did not agree, and after several debates with the pastor, we left that church and begin to attend the one a block away, which ascribed to a pre tribulation doctrine. To my young mind it was a no brainer - I got out of 7 years of tribulation by walking a block further down the street"

That's a good one.

Just now, orngnblk said:

I personally think it is to come.Verse 16 I think talks about LATTER days.Also Russia being a communist State now.I also dont see how those Cities named could have at that time been large enough to wage war on Israel.Lets not forget Israel is a bad dude,they havent NEVERZ lost a war.LOL.Another thing it talks about being in a safe place and since 1948 when they became a Country again they have been pretty comfortable.Just my thoughts.My tickets punched so I'm not gonna be here in those terrible 7 years.I would hate having to go thru that!

Think we'll have a one world government ran by the Beast with the 7 heads and 10 horns. Thus the mark can be applied worldwide with a one world currency.  Babylon was the empire of false religion ,this will take down the modern day Babylon. Says come out of her my people if you don't want to share in her destruction. This is where the large crowd comes from,actual Christian people from all these churches  who will abandon the false Churches and flock to the one true religion.  You can't have 50000 truths.  

I reckon I just depend on what the New Testament of Jesus Christ says...

2nd Thess. says, at the second coming, Jesus comes back in flaming fire, with His angels, taking vengeance on those that know not God and those that have not obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2nd Peter 3 says the second coming of Jesus will come like a thief in the night with the heavens passing away and the earth being destroyed. 

I'm just trying to be prepared for that...the very end of time at the second and final coming of Jesus (or my death before this event...whichever comes first) I sure wont be one to suggest that you prepare for a second chance. 

10 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

2nd Thess. says, at the second coming, Jesus comes back in flaming fire, with His angels, taking vengeance on those that know not God and those that have not obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2nd Peter 3 says the second coming of Jesus will come like a thief in the night with the heavens passing away and the earth being destroyed. 

I'm just trying to be prepared for that...the very end of time at the second and final coming of Jesus (or my death before this event...whichever comes first) I sure wont be one to suggest that you prepare for a second chance. 

:thumb:

On 6/17/2020 at 1:05 AM, pujo said:

Told Daniel to shut the book ult the time of the end.

Time of the end of 1,335 days.

Told Daniel to go his way and rest until the end be....He's awful old if he's still waiting for the very end Lol!

Lots of symbolism in Daniel, Revelation and other books. The NT is the reading for me, well, for the most part Lol

Edited by uknoit2

2 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I think people forget the last part of the first verse you quoted. They thinking knowing is enough.