Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

On 6/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, PurplePower68 said:

Lodge expansion is the reason??

:roflol:

Old Pirate says good employment is always a reason. The skillet slinger came back from the weekly excursion to the TNTBSUS earlier and reports Realtor business is apparently booming. Ifin you was a parent coming to a new area with youngons interested in sports, where would you choose based off of academic, athletic success and stability? 

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says good employment is always a reason. The skillet slinger came back from the weekly excursion to the TNTBSUS earlier and reports Realtor business is apparently booming. Ifin you was a parent coming to a new area with youngons interested in sports, where would you choose based off of academic, athletic success and stability? 

Best analysts I have read. 40 point losses and a new coach every 3 years. 

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Don't get me wrong. If a kid wants to transfer in from somewhere else and it helps your program more power to you. As long as the kid/family that is losing their spot that's played for sp since little league is ok with it I guess it's not a problem. But here's the thing, don't cry for a year about a school "orchestrating" transfers when you live in a glass house. I admit I don't know everything but I do know you have gotten 2 kids from Hixson, 2 from Michigan, 1 from Maryland and 1 from East Ridge and I know there are more coming in. Academics? None of the 3 in the county are burning the charts up. We all 3 rank in the lower third of 389 high schools in the state. Football success? Yes sp has a good 1A program. No one has questioned that. Stability? After this season is over you will look at the word stability different. Just like that Hargis man said when Boldin left Whitwell. "sp has been fortunate to have family coaching for so long at the school (Don and Vic) but when Vic finally leaves, sp will be a revolving door HC job too" That's his words not mine. The man that was promised the job to come won't last 2 yrs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Don't get me wrong. If a kid wants to transfer in from somewhere else and it helps your program more power to you. As long as the kid/family that is losing their spot that's played for sp since little league is ok with it I guess it's not a problem. But here's the thing, don't cry for a year about a school "orchestrating" transfers when you live in a glass house. I admit I don't know everything but I do know you have gotten 2 kids from Hixson, 2 from Michigan, 1 from Maryland and 1 from East Ridge and I know there are more coming in. Academics? None of the 3 in the county are burning the charts up. We all 3 rank in the lower third of 389 high schools in the state. Football success? Yes sp has a good 1A program. No one has questioned that. Stability? After this season is over you will look at the word stability different. Just like that Hargis man said when Boldin left Whitwell. "sp has been fortunate to have family coaching for so long at the school (Don and Vic) but when Vic finally leaves, sp will be a revolving door HC job too" That's his words not mine. The man that was promised the job to come won't last 2 yrs.

Welp you beat me to the academic point - agree with everything else except that ugly purple you wear.

Food for thought. So Pitt is the city in Marion that gives and has the most options for Gov assistance for housing. I won’t go into detail how I know that but I know that to be true. Hamilton County also gives it but those areas are Brainerd & Howard and some in Hixson. If somebody is moving into the Chattanooga area and those 3 schools in Chattanooga are looked at along with Marion and So Pitt which would you choose? I’m on the outside looking in but I have looked at both Mueller in Jasper and Lodge within the last year. VW is great but they have large turnover. I have one that still young enough it don’t matter but when the time comes the public schools around here lack a lot. So Pittsburg or Marion for small school or East Hamilton for a large school would be the three I would circle first but the cost of living to live in East Brainerd is above my pay scale. Who is the 2 kids from Michigan? They must’ve went out and got Greenbacks bag man if they reached that far out lol. I’m just keeping it real. I personally don’t see a school in TN having that kinda pull though. Btw I work with some from the valley and Marion is looking like they are getting a few from Sequatchie in near future. Apparently there is some unsettling there. I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

19 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Food for thought. So Pitt is the city in Marion that gives and has the most options for Gov assistance for housing. I won’t go into detail how I know that but I know that to be true. Hamilton County also gives it but those areas are Brainerd & Howard and some in Hixson. If somebody is moving into the Chattanooga area and those 3 schools in Chattanooga are looked at along with Marion and So Pitt which would you choose? I’m on the outside looking in but I have looked at both Mueller in Jasper and Lodge within the last year. VW is great but they have large turnover. I have one that still young enough it don’t matter but when the time comes the public schools around here lack a lot. So Pittsburg or Marion for small school or East Hamilton for a large school would be the three I would circle first but the cost of living to live in East Brainerd is above my pay scale. Who is the 2 kids from Michigan? They must’ve went out and got Greenbacks bag man if they reached that far out lol. I’m just keeping it real. I personally don’t see a school in TN having that kinda pull though. Btw I work with some from the valley and Marion is looking like they are getting a few from Sequatchie in near future. Apparently there is some unsettling there. I’m just keeping it real

We have a  linemen around 6'8 360 and another 6'4 290.