Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Don't get me wrong. If a kid wants to transfer in from somewhere else and it helps your program more power to you. As long as the kid/family that is losing their spot that's played for sp since little league is ok with it I guess it's not a problem. But here's the thing, don't cry for a year about a school "orchestrating" transfers when you live in a glass house. I admit I don't know everything but I do know you have gotten 2 kids from Hixson, 2 from Michigan, 1 from Maryland and 1 from East Ridge and I know there are more coming in. Academics? None of the 3 in the county are burning the charts up. We all 3 rank in the lower third of 389 high schools in the state. Football success? Yes sp has a good 1A program. No one has questioned that. Stability? After this season is over you will look at the word stability different. Just like that Hargis man said when Boldin left Whitwell. "sp has been fortunate to have family coaching for so long at the school (Don and Vic) but when Vic finally leaves, sp will be a revolving door HC job too" That's his words not mine. The man that was promised the job to come won't last 2 yrs.

I don't think SP will have a huge setback next year. They won't be as good as this years team though. I also think the next coach for a long period of time is already there. Time will tell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

The next head coach is already there but I'm not sure how long. He has moved around a lot.

You need to make your mind up. First,You said "won't last two years" and one post later you say "not sure how long. "

Edited by team69

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

The next head coach is already there but I'm not sure how long. He has moved around a lot.

LOPAO, Old Pirate says No kinfolkes should attempt to every attempt to educate nobody bout hiring coaches that move around! But figure theys experts @ hiring them thou.  Most SP is surely more comfortable with their hire for longevity than the Jailhouse kinfolkes is with theirs.  Huge point here, Jasper added a bandaid, SP appears to have taken steps for a long term cure! Pruitt gone in three. YepReconSo

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Don't get me wrong. If a kid wants to transfer in from somewhere else and it helps your program more power to you. As long as the kid/family that is losing their spot that's played for sp since little league is ok with it I guess it's not a problem. But here's the thing, don't cry for a year about a school "orchestrating" transfers when you live in a glass house. I admit I don't know everything but I do know you have gotten 2 kids from Hixson, 2 from Michigan, 1 from Maryland and 1 from East Ridge and I know there are more coming in. Academics? None of the 3 in the county are burning the charts up. We all 3 rank in the lower third of 389 high schools in the state. Football success? Yes sp has a good 1A program. No one has questioned that. Stability? After this season is over you will look at the word stability different. Just like that Hargis man said when Boldin left Whitwell. "sp has been fortunate to have family coaching for so long at the school (Don and Vic) but when Vic finally leaves, sp will be a revolving door HC job too" That's his words not mine. The man that was promised the job to come won't last 2 yrs.

Old Pirate says it’s amazing to see kinfolkes giving The Captain deserved credit. Is this a direct result of covid-19 symptoms? BTW, Whitwell never reached stability status, Boldin jest held the reins of a good horse fer a very short spell. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

10 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

LOPAO, Old Pirate says No kinfolkes should attempt to every attempt to educate nobody bout hiring coaches that move around! But figure theys experts @ hiring them thou.  Most SP is surely more comfortable with their hire for longevity than the Jailhouse kinfolkes is with theirs.  Huge point here, Jasper added a bandaid, SP appears to have taken steps for a long term cure! Pruitt gone in three. YepReconSo

I know a few sp folks that are not comfortable with the hire for longevity. One of them is on staff too lol.

4 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I know a few sp folks that are not comfortable with the hire for longevity. One of them is on staff too lol.

Figure there ain’t anyone round the jailhouse thinking Pruitt is anything more than a short term bandaid. Recon SP folkes is sure to be a right smart more comfortable. This is what the kinfolkes knowds from decades of experience, ITS COMING. 

14 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Figure there ain’t anyone round the jailhouse thinking Pruitt is anything more than a short term bandaid. Recon SP folkes is sure to be a right smart more comfortable. This is what the kinfolkes knowds from decades of experience, ITS COMING. 

Glass houses Old Pee.

Glass houses.