Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

7 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

The 3 ft apart is what our supt. has mandated as social distancing in the school. I would assume that should transfer over to the ballgames.... just my opinion. I do feel like it should be left up to the county whether or not masks should have to be worn. Tssaa overreaches a lot so I'm not sure what will happen. 

I really like the 3ft thing if we could all do it. I mean if fans could sit 3 feet apart really we could fit most people I believe. I'm not sure older folks will attend games as much as they used too so unfortunately we may have that room to play with in the stands. It's a shame.

Just now, piratetom said:

Same with me driving all the way from Cleveland to watch my Pirates play.  I may be watching more live stream this year. I will be at Meigs Co.  though if that game is played. And of course, all playoff games they will have to carry me out. lol

To battle 24 and the traffic and then get to a game and they say you can't come in might get somebody possum stomped!!!

34 minutes ago, sportman said:

There going to have to be like that. I guess home school would get 60 70 percent of tickets first and then visitor the other ? IDK!!!

It seems to me the fairest way to do it would be to base the ticket allotment for each school on the size of the home and visitor stands. Home side gets a certain percentage of theirs and visitors get a certain percentage of their side. Just my two cents. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It seems to me the fairest way to do it would be to base the ticket allotment for each school on the size of the home and visitor stands. Home side gets a certain percentage of theirs and visitors get a certain percentage of their side. Just my two cents. 

Seems like it might be a good time to install inexpensive bleachers if schools can. May pay for themselves.

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I could go for that. I think parents should have first option at buying too. I did see where someone said that maybe bigger attended game like MC vs sp and Baylor vs McCallie could be played at Finley Stadium. I'm not sure how that would go over though 

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

I could go for that. I think parents should have first option at buying too. I did see where someone said that maybe bigger attended game like MC vs sp and Baylor vs McCallie could be played at Finley Stadium. I'm not sure how that would go over though 

I know where I am at season ticket holders will be honored first. I imagine a lot of schools will do that. 

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is a good idea.  The problem is that at lot of places, the stands weren't the only places where the crowd is.  We have a lot of people that stand on the track instead of sit in the stands.  So if you just go by stadium size then you can still be missing out on more tickets.  Of course by the time the season gets here they will probably say no one can stand on the sidelines.  

14 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Last time it didn't go over very well but then this is a lot different than last time.  

15 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Probably will 

Ours is parents / season ticket holders, the rest will be sold first come first serve - visitor allocation is some % of the seating on that side and visiting school will be responsible for how they allocate. This is all hearsay, but sounds reasonable. I just pray the boys get to play.