Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

17 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Football in Marion County will start on time regardless of school start time. There won’t be a Jamboree is only difference.   It’s my understanding that if a school on the schedule decides not to play, then it will be a win for the other school, but not a loss for the school that chooses not to play. 

Any idea what Hamilton County is doing? I looked at their website and applied some basic algebra, but because my crystal ball is cracked, can't figure out what they are doing. Do their "phases" affect football?

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Should be a great season for the Pirates! Can’t wait to see how Coach Waggoner does calling the defense, he was a pretty good LB when he played, but he was more offensively involved at TC, so should be fun to see what he does with that speed on defense 

Hopefully he will teach us how to defend the pass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, team69 said:

Didn't they have over a dozen picks last year? Thats pretty good in my book.

Yep, but when it counted, aka Greenback game, we dropped way too many potential picks and left receivers wide open. Talent alone will put us in great position most of the time but against the better receivers, we need to focus more on containment.

Edited by piratetom

3 hours ago, piratetom said:

Yep, but when it counted, aka Greenback game, we dropped way too many potential picks and left receivers wide open. Talent alone will put us in great position most of the time but against the better receivers, we need to focus more on containment.

Their wouldn't many in the whole state regardless of class that contain Willis.

11 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Any idea what Hamilton County is doing? I looked at their website and applied some basic algebra, but because my crystal ball is cracked, can't figure out what they are doing. Do their "phases" affect football?

They announced today that sports would resume regular schedules regardless of school schedule same as us. They must follow TSSAA recommended guidelines as well as us. Only difference is The private schools don’t have to follow the Hamilton Co. mask mandates.

Let me ask you Pirates a question. Has any of you or them jailhouse fellers seen Roy? Murph's book has been out a while, and I no that Roy has not gave one synopsis on a team, or any player big enough to play in the SEC. I'm not falling for any durn mess about covid keeping Roy off the bords neither, and I ain't joking.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, tradertwo said:

Let me ask you Pirates a question. Has any of you or them jailhouse fellers seen Roy? Murph's book has been out a while, and I no that Roy has not gave one synopsis on a team, or any player big enough to play in the SEC. I'm not falling for any durn mess about covid keeping Roy off the bords neither, and I ain't joking.

This just second hand scoop..  Heard Roy was to busy with his  go fund me account for the Pirates cause he scared they going to run out of uniforms.