Captain Victory's South Pittsburg Pirates 2020

Southtowner

25 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Hahaha.... let's just say, you fellers have a "fox guarding the henhouse."

This is BS. Whoever your insider is must throw darts at a Power P at night. Probably same guy that has started numerous BS rumors that past 2 weeks in regards to SP. You guys suck at dealing with fact vs fiction. 

2 hours ago, powerp said:

We have a  linemen around 6'8 360 and another 6'4 290.

I heard that as well. Someone mentioned two from Michigan and one from Chattanooga?  A second kid from Michigan? I’ve not heard of that one yet. I saw a photo of two kids and they were large individuals to say the least. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was curious as to what we've done against top 10 teams. I looked back and since the 2015 season we have been 8-10 against teams in the top 10 in all classes. If I'm counting correctly, all 10 have been top 4 teams at the time we lost too. In 1A ball during that time losses were to CA, Whitwell, and GB (some multiple) I believe. Motivation for always improving.

I drove down last Tuesday and watched practice.    Like @team69,  my eyeballs popped outta my head.   

If we continue to work and if we are allowed to have a season,  this group of Pirates will leave their mark on the program in a special way.

Two big IFs above.   The first we can absolutely achieve.   Just keep working. Everyday.  Don't let anyone outwork you.  The latter will prove to be the one most uncertain.   All we can do is continue to wear our masks in public.  Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water. Follow the guidelines out there.  Be smart and stay safe.   

And above all else, say a prayer to the Good Lord above.

We can do this!

So if we can only sell so many tickets to a game , so how many can SP sell?  If you can seat only 25 to 33% from what has been thrown out, how many does that allow? I have no idea what the stadium capacity is? Maybe 2500 3000? So for the Jasper game it looks like alot of people want get to come this year. Also I'm already thinking why do i want to drive all the way to Meigs Co. and be turned away because I know there fans are going to feel up the stands. Just seems kinda crazy to me because they are mandating mask, so if you wear a mask why can't you sit closer to everyone? I'm just asking a question?   Also the concession people can stay home and the other sports programs that make money in that area want this year. It's hard to eat through a mask and drink!!!  Heck I'll even wear gloves if they want me to.. Listen, am I concerned, yes, but scared? Heck NO!!! I'm not going to live my life in fear like so many in our country has now!!!! I do have common sense BTW, so maybe people need to start using more of that.  I just want someone to tell me why the mask have to be worn and you can only have so many? 

4 minutes ago, sportman said:

So if we can only sell so many tickets to a game , so how many can SP sell?  If you can seat only 25 to 33% from what has been thrown out, how many does that allow? I have no idea what the stadium capacity is? Maybe 2500 3000? So for the Jasper game it looks like alot of people want get to come this year. Also I'm already thinking why do i want to drive all the way to Meigs Co. and be turned away because I know there fans are going to feel up the stands. Just seems kinda crazy to me because they are mandating mask, so if you wear a mask why can't you sit closer to everyone? I'm just asking a question?   Also the concession people can stay home and the other sports programs that make money in that area want this year. It's hard to eat through a mask and drink!!!  Heck I'll even wear gloves if they want me to.. Listen, am I concerned, yes, but scared? Heck NO!!! I'm not going to live my life in fear like so many in our country has now!!!! I do have common sense BTW, so maybe people need to start using more of that.  I just want someone to tell me why the mask have to be worn and you can only have so many? 

From what I gathered earlier only have to be 3 ft apart from what purple power said I'd I'm not mistaken. And of course it's been stated now by someone it will go by county rules so who really knows. I'm curious as well.

18 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

From what I gathered earlier only have to be 3 ft apart from what purple power said I'd I'm not mistaken. And of course it's been stated now by someone it will go by county rules so who really knows. I'm curious as well.

Thanks for the info. It's so screwed up everywhere it seem's like, so, who's to really know? That would be better the 3 ft apart. And in our county? I'll just keep quiet!!!!!

40 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

The 3 ft apart is what our supt. has mandated as social distancing in the school. I would assume that should transfer over to the ballgames.... just my opinion. I do feel like it should be left up to the county whether or not masks should have to be worn. Tssaa overreaches a lot so I'm not sure what will happen. 

52 minutes ago, sportman said:

Same with me driving all the way from Cleveland to watch my Pirates play.  I may be watching more live stream this year. I will be at Meigs Co.  though if that game is played. And of course, all playoff games they will have to carry me out. lol

9 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

The 3 ft apart is what our supt. has mandated as social distancing in the school. I would assume that should transfer over to the ballgames.... just my opinion. I do feel like it should be left up to the county whether or not masks should have to be worn. Tssaa overreaches a lot so I'm not sure what will happen. 

Thanks. Just trying to get some clarification from someone that know's more than I do and you are so right about the T$$AA!!!