Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

Just now, Imthayeti said:

You have a stud running back and a good line on both sides of the ball. From what I've gathered here you will be a smashmouth type of run team. Young qb with good recievers. Will be able to throw and spread the defense just enough to make defense honest. Once the qb builds some confidence you will be very hard to handle. Sound about right?

Actually, I'm not sure. This game against Loudon probably won't tell us much because I'm seriously thinking we're going to be out manned. I just don't know how good that Young quarterback will be playing against the teams we play against this year. When he has an eighteen-year-old bearing down on him, what's he going to do curl up in a ball or you going to make a play? I don't know. You don't get many kids like Bryce Hanley that kid knew what to do. Even when he was young.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Actually, I'm not sure. This game against Loudon probably won't tell us much because I'm seriously thinking we're going to be out manned. I just don't know how good that Young quarterback will be playing against the teams we play against this year. When he has an eighteen-year-old bearing down on him, what's he going to do curl up in a ball or you going to make a play? I don't know. You don't get many kids like Bryce Hanley that kid knew what to do. Even when he was young.

At this point everyone with a new starting qb is in the same boat. First games normally decided that for each team good or bad. But what can you do. Loudon for you all definitely has the upper hand at qb. I think your line may be better then theirs though. Best to play keep away from a team like that and force them to try and make an undesirable play late due to a close score or time constraints. 

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

At this point everyone with a new starting qb is in the same boat. First games normally decided that for each team good or bad. But what can you do. Loudon for you all definitely has the upper hand at qb. I think your line may be better then theirs though. Best to play keep away from a team like that and force them to try and make an undesirable play late due to a close score or time constraints. 

Yeah, if you read my pregame synopsis, that's exactly what I said. We got to keep the ball out of their hands. And it is a little different when you have a small freshman starting at quarterback rather than a sophomore junior or senior.

Just now, orngnblk said:

Yeah, if you read my pregame synopsis, that's exactly what I said. We got to keep the ball out of their hands. And it is a little different when you have a small freshman starting at quarterback rather than a sophomore junior or senior.

Semey Turner will be the problem you guys have that you may not have an answer for. As long as you can cover the edges with Loudons qb and force a quick throw it will be doable as long as you can cover Semey.

3 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Didn't Loudon lose a lot from last year, especially up front?

I read that they did as well, I also read in an interview with their coach he thinks they will be just as good as last year. Semey Turner is good, but hes no Drew Jackson yet. I expect this to be a much better game then last year. Greenback should have something to prove @ Loudon.

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I read that they did as well, I also read in an interview with their coach he thinks they will be just as good as last year. Semey Turner is good, but hes no Drew Jackson yet. I expect this to be a much better game then last year. Greenback should have something to prove @ Loudon.

We lost a whole lot more than they did, LOL. They rotated a lot of lineman last year and they were all good.

Edited by orngnblk