DragonFan12

22 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

IMG (FL) vs Maryville

Mater Dei (CA)  vs Alcoa

Northshore (Houston TX) vs Oakland 

Katy (TX) vs Ensworth 

Pearl-Cohn vs Hoover

Greater Atlanta Christian School vs McCallie

I wonder if Maryville and Alcoa scheduled the Tennessee Titans in Nashville if other high schools would finally stop with the...."They don't play anyone, they should schedule   ___________ school in __(fill in state)___________" .    Answer is no. They would still complain. I can hear them now. "Alcoa and Maryville still don't play good teams from other states" or "Well, the Titans have never won a Super bowl so the Tornadoes and Rebs are still avoiding competition." LOL

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

IMG (FL) vs Maryville

Mater Dei (CA)  vs Alcoa

Northshore (Houston TX) vs Oakland 

Katy (TX) vs Ensworth 

Pearl-Cohn vs Hoover

Greater Atlanta Christian School vs McCallie

The state of TN might win one of those matchups (McCallie). The rest would be blowouts not in favor of the Volunteer State

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I wonder if Maryville and Alcoa scheduled the Tennessee Titans in Nashville if other high schools would finally stop with the...."They don't play anyone, they should schedule   ___________ school in __(fill in state)___________" .    Answer is no. They would still complain. I can hear them now. "Alcoa and Maryville still don't play good teams from other states" or "Well, the Titans have never won a Super bowl so the Tornadoes and Rebs are still avoiding competition." LOL

Didnt Maryville get offered big bucks to play Hoover on ESPN a few years back and they declined? Maryville would get blasted by top tier schools from surrounding states, unfortunately

1 hour ago, BruceColetrain said:

Didnt Maryville get offered big bucks to play Hoover on ESPN a few years back and they declined? Maryville would get blasted by top tier schools from surrounding states, unfortunately

People said the same thing when Maryville moved up to 6A and when Alcoa played up a class in 3A. They've both done pretty well since then. But some folks like to throw out different teams. Private, out of state, colleges, etc. that they say neither could beat to try and take away what the kids and coaches have accomplished.

IFL helps people cope I guess.

8 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I thought we scrimmaged them last year (2018). Maybe that was a JV game. or it could have been 2017, the preseason stuff runs together for me. If I'm wrong, my bad. Would still love to see them schedule Alcoa for some reason local 5A and 6A schools turn us down for games( except Maryville). Would make travel a lot easier

so you’re saying central, west, Powell and south Doyle were all contacted to play alcoa the last 2 years and said no? before you answer, im sure it was because Alcoa is a small school and they’re afraid of losing to them, right?