Dream Matchups for 2020 Season

DragonFan12

12 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I wish William Blount still played Farragut and Oak Ridge

I remember the days of the three team district that included WB, Farragut and Oak Ridge. (4-AAA) 

The district also included Campbell, Karns, Lenoir City, Carter, Doyle and I think Halls. 
BUT, none of those teams wanted to play Oak Ridge, so they never could qualify for the playoffs for their cowardice. 
In 1982, Gov’s Meathead ran for over 200 yards in the upset of Farragut, setting up a one-game, winner goes to the playoffs vs OR. 
Govs lost 28-0, but it was neat to have a big game Early in the program history. (Season record was 5-5)
Ironically enough, Heritage was not in the same district, but went 9-1 that season, and lost to OR in the first round of the playoffs 27-7. 

Edited by BroadwayBarberShop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

I remember the days of the three team district that included WB, Farragut and Oak Ridge. (4-AAA) 

The district also included Campbell, Karns, Lenoir City, Carter, Doyle and I think Halls. 
BUT, none of those teams wanted to play Oak Ridge, so they never could qualify for the playoffs for their cowardice. 
In 1982, Gov’s Meathead ran for over 200 yards in the upset of Farragut, setting up a one-game, winner goes to the playoffs vs OR. 
Govs lost 28-0, but it was neat to have a big game Early in the program history. (Season record was 5-5)
Ironically enough, Heritage was not in the same district, but went 9-1 that season, and lost to OR in the first round of the playoffs 27-7. 

Great memory as usual BBS. I told someone the other day that the 83-84 Govs may have had the most top tier athletic talent WB has ever had. Meathead, Rusty Holmes, Stan Ballard (didn't play FB), Scott Satterfield, Ray porter, Jeff Finley, Doug Dockery, Lee Dunlap (BB only) Mitch Parker (didn't play FB), J.Chris Whitehead ( Probably best overall athlete WB ever produced), Jeff Williams( baseball only) Anthony Garland ( Baseball only) Robbie Lee, Chris R Whitehead, Tom Clark, etc

What do you think?  I know 2001, 2007 and 2012 all had had some great athletes.

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Great memory as usual BBS. I told someone the other day that the 83-84 Govs may have had the most top tier athletic talent WB has ever had. Meathead, Rusty Holmes, Stan Ballard (didn't play FB), Scott Satterfield, Ray porter, Jeff Finley, Doug Dockery, Lee Dunlap (BB only) Mitch Parker (didn't play FB), J.Chris Whitehead ( Probably best overall athlete WB ever produced), Jeff Williams( baseball only) Anthony Garland ( Baseball only) Robbie Lee, Chris R Whitehead, Tom Clark, etc

That's a pretty good list. How far off the list are Tarzan and Lonnie? 

Edited by Red Rebels

7 hours ago, 32hammer said:

A bunch of great players and great guys in that list. What’s noteworthy is how many of their kids went to wb?