Marion County football coach Joey Mathis resigns after four seasons

CoachT

9 hours ago, FormerMCHSWarrior said:

And the next they barely had a winning season and got beat by Copper Basin and they run the coach out of town on a rail. heck in 2013 anybody could have won with that team. Even you.

We have never been down bad enough to lose to Lookout Valley or LV AND Copper Basin in the same year. The Basin loss was up there in the 2nd round of the playoffs 22 - 15.

Edited by rlh

7 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

Whats the draw for Coach Pruitt?  Help me understand since I obviously cant see any.  He was just getting his feet wet at his new school, so he wants to drive further from his home for less money for a program thats not in any better shape than where hes already at.  I'm sure hes a great man from all accounts but being a great man didn't get him many wins at Dade and I know he has ties there from in the past but I dont see where this make sense from his standpoint or the administrations standpoint.  All we have heard is how they want someone to come in and provide some stability who will actually invest in the kids and community for the long haul.  Coach Pruitt isn't no spring chicken and I dont see him wanting to coach for more than a few more years.  So Marion County faithful whats yalls thoughts if in fact this info is true?  

Jasper is better than Trenton more often than not even on a bad year for Jasper. 

11 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Overall 289-138... Coached at MC before ( 2 years).. So would only need 3 years for second retirement.. Would still need 4 at Dade. Plus coming back to where he has ties.. So it isn't like he came out of no where and he is a random hire for MC.

He's makingmore money at Dade undoubtedly.   How many years in GA does one need for a second retirement?  5 as well? If he could get those other 4 years in at Dade and/or another GA school, along with a higher annual salary, wouldn't that be the smarter move if it were about money and a second retirement? 

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

He's makingmore money at Dade undoubtedly.   How many years in GA does one need for a second retirement?  5 as well? If he could get those other 4 years in at Dade and/or another GA school, along with a higher annual salary, wouldn't that be the smarter move if it were about money and a second retirement? 

Coaches like to reach landmark wins, appears he is close to 300. Ifin he stayed in Trenton, it would obviously be a spell. Old Pirate ain’t sure but thought he was @ Jasper fer 3 years? If so, he would need only 2 to git Tn retirement. 

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Word I heard is that he is 3 years from retirement in Tennessee but 9 years or so in Georgia.  If that information is correct then he's much closer to double dip by coming to Jasper for a few years.  

11 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Coaches like to reach landmark wins, appears he is close to 300. Ifin he stayed in Trenton, it would obviously be a spell. Old Pirate ain’t sure but thought he was @ Jasper fer 3 years? If so, he would need only 2 to git Tn retirement. 

LRDAO... Old pirate I garuntee that man at Ronnies red eye told me he needs three more years. Them jailhouse kinfolk run him off the first time after two years.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

21 hours ago, FormerMCHSWarrior said:

Coach Grider is a great coach can't dispute that, but when he leaves, SP football will be revolving door for coaches. Who in there right mind would want to follow in his footsteps? And the revolving door statement was made from a homegrown boy with barrels of ink.

Oh, you'd be shocked at some of the Coaches who have contacted me wanting an opinion on the potential South Pitt opening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... Old pirate I garuntee that man at Ronnies red eye told me he needs three more years. Them jailhouse kinfolk run him off the first time after two years.  You think im joking but im not. 

RD, that man at Ronnie’s propbably knowds more than this skillet head. Old Pirate gots 2 questions, will them kinfolkes live up to their verbal contract this time? 2. Will they offer him the same tithing they gave that Snake Oil Salesman - Slick Ricky? Guarantee that Pruit man is a HEEP smarter & he should be tithed more. OP ain’t jest joking neither!

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Word I heard is that he is 3 years from retirement in Tennessee but 9 years or so in Georgia.  If that information is correct then he's much closer to double dip by coming to Jasper for a few years.  

I just read one needs 10 years in GA as well.

https://www.teacherpensions.org/state/georgia

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Oh, you'd be shocked at some of the Coaches who have contacted me wanting an opinion on the potential South Pitt opening.

SP is a real good place to coach, figure that is well known. A good young QB coach would be an asset. The Pirates history has been toting the tater but a quality passing game would/could be fun to see. 

On 1/22/2020 at 7:57 AM, OLD PIRATE said:

Taking issue? LOPAO.... Obviously yous some sort of kinfolk.  Take as much issue as needed to aid healing. Hiring Gypsy coaches is rarely ever a fix, never  fer stability, jest merely creating a revolving door reputation fer the program. 

So to ask the question a different way, since you chose to not answer it directly, what is your opinion of CT as a coach?

To your accusation, maybe I am kinfolk or should be - I may be an uncle of a player at MSSU that saw him change some young men, or perhaps a parent of a player at ND who saw him enforce respect for parents, then again I might be a Raptor dad who appreciates the extra time he spent working with my boy to teach him the offense, or maybe I am just a NJ guy who has watched a man come in and challenge our kids not to just play football but to be involved in the community ~ like working your precious skillet bread festival or helping out a couple of old farmers.

If you have a negative opinion about him, just say it...…..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

IMO it has more to do with the ties and tradition at MC. I don't think money for him is a big concern. That's just my speculation.