Glass House picks for DII-A

Intense

4 minutes ago, HSsportsfan1 said:

Hmmmm.  Did you watch the game?  Goodpasture fouled like crazy in the 4th quarter.  Look to see how many were FT attempts were in the 4th?

TKA may not win the Championship, but then again, no one west of Knoxville gave them a chance to even get to State.  Proud for the girls.

Sadly I could not watch the game. Tried to listen to the network feed but it cut out a good chunk of the time. Only had final stats to go with. My people there say it was a decently officiated game so that's what I will go with. No matter who the opponent on Saturday for TKA, expect a fierce battle

21 minutes ago, Intense said:

TKA is the real deal.  They drive hard to the basket and cause fouls.  Goodpasture shot multiple threes and did not drive nearly as often.  TKA is very fundamental and very well coached.  They have three guards who are skilled and can play.  Outstanding team!

Did TKA play a zone or did they go gal on gal. What type of defense did Goodpasture play?

1 minute ago, ReitzFan said:

Did TKA play a zone or did they go gal on gal. What type of defense did Goodpasture play?

You're giving up your age Reitz!!! Man... I had a flashback when I read that phrase "gal on gal"... used to listen to Bill Haney call state tourney games before they were televised... good 'ol days!

BTW... best of luck to the TCA Lady Lions, y'all still the "OTHER" Lions, but my favorite rival.

17 minutes ago, etnhoops said:

both played man

Serious question for you. I just saw a photograph on Twitter of the TKA head coach. What is the deal with the hairdo? Looks like he's growing a horn out of his forehead with all of his hair tied up with rubber bands. Some kind of motivational tool? I've never seen anything like that and I have to admit it was a WTH moment when I saw it

20 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You're giving up your age Reitz!!! Man... I had a flashback when I read that phrase "gal on gal"... used to listen to Bill Haney call state tourney games before they were televised... good 'ol days!

BTW... best of luck to the TCA Lady Lions, y'all still the "OTHER" Lions, but my favorite rival.

Diamond Dave calls it gal to gal. I guess I picked it up from him although most of the time I will have to admit I still use man to man when calling a girl's game. Old habits die hard for us old folk

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

Serious question for you. I just saw a photograph on Twitter of the TKA head coach. What is the deal with the hairdo? Looks like he's growing a horn out of his forehead with all of his hair tied up with rubber bands. Some kind of motivational tool? I've never seen anything like that and I have to admit it was a WTH moment when I saw it

That is a great question?? I have no idea what the unicorn is for.  I have been told that he will cut it off for a State Championship.  

Tipton Rosemark leads at halftime 17 to 11 over TCA. TRA led 12 to 0 at the end of one. It's turnover city on both teams. After being down by 12, TCA has gotten back to within striking distance. TCA with only five shots in the second quarter yet we cut the 12-point deficit down to six points

Edited by ReitzFan