Eagleton College and Career Academy

BarneySox2007

2 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I hope we just appreciate what we are getting to enjoy, because nothing great lasts forever.

If other parents and schools don't want to support their kids, that's their own fault.

Most tuition students in Alcoa do not play football.  Most schools in Tennessee are open enrollment and many of those DO NOT require a student to pay tuition. For example Upperman ( any kid in Putnam county can go there ) as well as East Nashville and Pearl Cohn. non of these schools have won a state championship in football 3A in the last 20 years despite the advantage of open enrollment ( and if I'm not mistaken , no tuition required for OOZ students)

You better stop cause you are making too much sense. Ole Barney will start calling you names and blow up coacht with five billion pages of off topic non sense. By the way..... did you know y’all should move up to 5A???

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:13 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

17% of Alcoa's entire school system are tuition students but the high school as a whole is 28% tuition students. It was reported Alcoa has 684 students meaning 192 pay tuition.

As I said most Tuition students don't play football. But if TSSAA added even a 5X multiplier for every tuition student it wouldn't matter.  I know Alcoa would never do this, but another school would simply limit its to tuition students to athletes only. So if a school with 650 kids added 20 athletes at a ridiculous 5X multiplier, then that school would still be in 3A and a lot of other kids would simply be denied a great opportunity to go to the school they would like to attend. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You better stop cause you are making too much sense. By the way..... did you know y’all should move up to 5A???

That's the rumor.  Next year it wouldn't matter, they are loaded, wish I had another year to enjoy it as part of the Alcoa family. In the future who knows how the Tornadoes will do, but I feel really good about 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Pearl Cohn. non of these schools have won a state championship in football 3A in the last 20 years despite the advantage of open enrollment ( and if I'm not mistaken , no tuition required for OOZ students)

"Pearl-Cohn's enrollment is at 643. M.L. King has an enrollment of 961, but does not offer football. The Firebirds voluntarily played up a class the past four years, participating in Class 4A. They plan on being Class 3A for the next four-year cycle."

Here you go Barn. :popcorneater:

Source: https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/03/15/pearl-cohn-football-co-op-ml-king-discussed-tssaa/99233974/ 

buddies.jpg

Edited by Red Rebels

20 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

"Pearl-Cohn's enrollment is at 643. M.L. King has an enrollment of 961, but does not offer football. The Firebirds voluntarily played up a class the past four years, participating in Class 4A. They plan on being Class 3A for the next four-year cycle."

Here you go Barn. :popcorneater:

Source: https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/03/15/pearl-cohn-football-co-op-ml-king-discussed-tssaa/99233974/ 

buddies.jpg

+10000000

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You were like this last year until Maryville beat you on your own field on TV for everyone to see and you all the sudden went into hiding mode and not a one of us gave you any grief over it.  I'm not going to worry about next fall until it gets here.  I know Alcoa will have a great team in 2020 and could possibly be the best team in the state. I guess if anything less then I'll be very disappointed.

It'll be ok slappy! You can sit on the winning side.....and I'll make all the GOONS give you their coupons! :lol:

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know that Mr. Know-it-All, just stating what it should be. My statements are issues the T$$AA need to take in consideration before they run the game of high school football out of business due to the lack of fan interest because of letting a team run rough shot over a group of rural area type teams. I get floods of messages from fans of those schools on here supporting this argument that are just sick of it. The way it is now Alcoa in those other teams minds are like the bully everyone went to school with that failed three times and was driving to school in the eighth grade. That's something to really be proud of isn't it. Enrollment does not work in all situations, especially in this one.

Ain't it SAD!

Alcoa has become just like Maryville! BOOOO! Call the TSSAA, Call the FBI..........the pentagon.........someone.......this HAS TOO STOP!! 

image.jpeg.d2d14264c2d5003ce4c509fab9affa4f.jpeg

769470940_giphy(2).gif.e5514fa00aeb326cdd98f2a10e54c45e.gif

Other than the Jamboree at Alcoa last year I went to the Pigeon Forge game at halftime and got in free and hand counted the 115 people on the visitor side. Then I hung around hoping to get some of those band burgers for a dollar like I did the jamboree but they held their guns and wouldn't budge that game. Just made it out of there just in time before BoJangles closed to use one of my many coupons on the back of the Maryville tickets for a much better meal.

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Other than the Jamboree at Alcoa last year I went to the Pigeon Forge game at halftime and got in free and hand counted the 115 people on the visitor side. Then I hung around hoping to get some of those band burgers for a dollar like I did the jamboree but they held their guns and wouldn't budge that game. Just made it out of there just in time before BoJangles closed to use one of my many coupons on the back of the Maryville tickets for a much better meal.

I bet you have the first nickel you ever made! :rolleyes:

Image result for tightwad jokes"

5 hours ago, 32hammer said:

As I said most Tuition students don't play football. But if TSSAA added even a 5X multiplier for every tuition student it wouldn't matter.  I know Alcoa would never do this, but another school would simply limit its to tuition students to athletes only. So if a school with 650 kids added 20 athletes at a ridiculous 5X multiplier, then that school would still be in 3A and a lot of other kids would simply be denied a great opportunity to go to the school they would like to attend. 

That's the rumor.  Next year it wouldn't matter, they are loaded, wish I had another year to enjoy it as part of the Alcoa family. In the future who knows how the Tornadoes will do, but I feel really good about 2020.

Best line in the state.... pshht