Eagleton College and Career Academy

BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

We don't care.We like winning anyway we can, even if its club'n baby seals. Got the Blackman, Maryville and DB games circled to make a statement next season! One a 6A state Championship team, two, third round 6A playoff teams:thumb: 

BTW, how's Maryvilles luck been pulling out zone players in the off season? Quite the list!....even working a Catholic QB too? Great! Yea, Tee's son got'um all scrabbling. Glad Alcoa was able to aslo benefit from that situation!B)

I didn’t realize we had any transfer in this month. Innurstin 

23 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

BC they didn't bring the band may have had a lot to do with the crowd that night. D-B is fans love their band and when you have all those parents that follow their kids to see everyone of those games and they don't send the band then neither do the fans come. I'm sorry that you wouldn't like to move to 5A but I think Alcoa would do very well in that class. It also could be the difference in some of the larger colleges looking at their players. A lot of recruiters say Alcoa kids are a gamble sometimes because they don't play anyone and it's hard to judge a kids performance against nobodies. Alcoa can win in 5A and needs to think about the sake of the kids not Gary's trophy collection.

Which college recruiters did you talk to that gave you their opinion on Alcoa?

33 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Which college recruiters did you talk to that gave you their opinion on Alcoa?

It's a pretty well known fact. If we were talking face to face I would personally call one for you and hand over my phone. Recruiters are usually always at Maryville practices and some of us on here have heard that first hand. One parent even showed this to us on a text from a recruiter in a conversation during the recruitment of their son. Every single time UT has given out a free ride to a kid from Alcoa it has ended up in either them not making it or a big crash in the end. Three years ago when Alcoa had the best defensive line I had ever seen come out of this county the ones that went on to college were small division 3 places you have to get on google to see if the place really exist. That was why Randall Cobb slipped through the bushes into Kentucky's hands. I could set down and go through the records sometime and give you all the names of kids that didn't make it there or was being recruited very high and their head was to big for their body and got sent packing. Actually they have one of those right now, just waiting for something to happen because it's past time and the reason their there and not where they started. Two years ago they had one that went somewhere out to New Mexico to get a fresh start that was a real big time player but haven't heard anything or anymore about them, maybe we need to put a picture of him on a milk carton and find out his whereabouts. Had a kid gain 1,500 yards at Heritage 6A that lived with his mother and the dad went out and rented a house in Alcoa and he went to live with him just for his senior season and had a decent year but it didn't help any. The kid got one of those band aid scholarships to C-N and came back home after one year but the main thing is he got a state championship ring to show the people at Wendy's so it may help him get a job there over the rest of the applicants. Also that kids transfer is why Heritage cancelled any future football games with Alcoa and put so much salt in the wound with Blount County that your seeing this new high school were all talking about come to life. Those people from the county are chomping at the bit to stop the pipeline of Eagleton area kids going over to Alcoa and helping them look like the big dogs they are instead of a true 3A team. This isn't my fight, i just enjoy watching all this because I always wondered when enough was enough for the county.

16 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It's a pretty well known fact. If we were talking face to face I would personally call one for you and hand over my phone. Recruiters are usually always at Maryville practices and some of us on here have heard that first hand. One parent even showed this to us on a text from a recruiter in a conversation during the recruitment of their son. Every single time UT has given out a free ride to a kid from Alcoa it has ended up in either them not making it or a big crash in the end. Three years ago when Alcoa had the best defensive line I had ever seen come out of this county the ones that went on to college were small division 3 places you have to get on google to see if the place really exist. That was why Randall Cobb slipped through the bushes into Kentucky's hands. I could set down and go through the records sometime and give you all the names of kids that didn't make it there or was being recruited very high and their head was to big for their body and got sent packing. Actually they have one of those right now, just waiting for something to happen because it's past time and the reason their there and not where they started. Two years ago they had one that went somewhere out to New Mexico to get a fresh start that was a real big time player but haven't heard anything or anymore about them, maybe we need to put a picture of him on a milk carton and find out his whereabouts. Had a kid gain 1,500 yards at Heritage 6A that lived with his mother and the dad went out and rented a house in Alcoa and he went to live with him just for his senior season and had a decent year but it didn't help any. The kid got one of those band aid scholarships to C-N and came back home after one year but the main thing is he got a state championship ring to show the people at Wendy's so it may help him get a job there over the rest of the applicants. Also that kids transfer is why Heritage cancelled any future football games with Alcoa and put so much salt in the wound with Blount County that your seeing this new high school were all talking about come to life. Those people from the county are chomping at the bit to stop the pipeline of Eagleton area kids going over to Alcoa and helping them look like the big dogs they are instead of a true 3A team. This isn't my fight, i just enjoy watching all this because I always wondered when enough was enough for the county.

All that and you didn’t even answer my question. Which ones have you heard say this?  Who would you put me on the phone with??

17 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

All that and you didn’t even answer my question. Which ones have you heard say this?  Who would you put me on the phone with??

The whistleblower don't have to give out that information. Also I'm pretty sure RW was there that day the parent had the text of a college recruiter explaining the story I just told you. Another thing is I don't have anything against Alcoa at all, just as a fan I would love to see then in 5A where they belong for having 20 plus out of zone players especially from Heritage. Not fair to those farm schools they play.

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The whistleblower don't have to give out that information. Also I'm pretty sure RW was there that day the parent had the text of a college recruiter explaining the story I just told you. Another thing is I don't have anything against Alcoa at all, just as a fan I would love to see then in 5A where they belong for having 20 plus out of zone players especially from Heritage. Not fair to those farm schools they play.

I have no doubt you saw a text and it probably was from a recruiter. But you can’t stereotype Alcoa football and how they are viewed by recruiters (meaning multiple-your words) based on one text. Now if you have hard facts to bring to the table spill it. But one text is silly. 

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have no doubt you saw a text and it probably was from a recruiter. But you can’t stereotype Alcoa football and how they are viewed by recruiters (meaning multiple-your words) based on one text. Now if you have hard facts to bring to the table spill it. But one text is silly. 

When you discuss things on Coach T and mention names there is always the chance of someone really getting hurt and you know that so you enjoy going there to be the winner of an argument. I personally only want the best for any of these kids no matter what school their on in Blount County. I see many times kids from Knoxville getting big rides that I know personally there are much better choices at Alcoa and why those schools want take that chance. You've seen Alcoa play also but that is a pretty well known fact. The people that won't admit that are either trophy counters or sympathisers that think they know but don't because they have only heard the story from a trophy counter which may possibly describe you. Your always welcome to join us personally at any Maryville Game and be treated like a King and hear the other side. I would rather have a state championship trophy from 5A as one from 3A with an asterisk on the bottom of it saying with the help of 20 grain fed county boy's blocking for us.

36 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

When you discuss things on Coach T and mention names there is always the chance of someone really getting hurt and you know that so you enjoy going there to be the winner of an argument. I personally only want the best for any of these kids no matter what school their on in Blount County. I see many times kids from Knoxville getting big rides that I know personally there are much better choices at Alcoa and why those schools want take that chance. You've seen Alcoa play also but that is a pretty well known fact. The people that won't admit that are either trophy counters or sympathisers that think they know but don't because they have only heard the story from a trophy counter which may possibly describe you. Your always welcome to join us personally at any Maryville Game and be treated like a King and hear the other side. I would rather have a state championship trophy from 5A as one from 3A with an asterisk on the bottom of it saying with the help of 20 grain fed county boy's blocking for us.

Your being foolish. No college recruiter cares if you mention their name. It’s laughable that you claim they would “get hurt” by doing so. I’m not trying to win an argument.  But if that was my intention it would be very easy since you made a statement you can’t back up. But two other points. 1. Alcoa is classified 3A based on enrollment. TSSAA only allows schools to move up one class. So what your saying about 5A is pointless because it couldn’t happen anyway. 2. It’s awesome that you want nothing but the best for all the kids in Blount Co. but do you realize how you just pointed out all the Alcoa kids that were failures in a previous post. Good job buddy. 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Your being foolish. No college recruiter cares if you mention their name. It’s laughable that you claim they would “get hurt” by doing so. I’m not trying to win an argument.  But if that was my intention it would be very easy since you made a statement you can’t back up. But two other points. 1. Alcoa is classified 3A based on enrollment. TSSAA only allows schools to move up one class. So what your saying about 5A is pointless because it couldn’t happen anyway. 2. It’s awesome that you want nothing but the best for all the kids in Blount Co. but do you realize how you just pointed out all the Alcoa kids that were failures in a previous post. Good job buddy. 

The T$$AA has done more damage to high school football over the years that it is almost irreversible. 70% of the games are a mercy rule contest that draws very few fans especially after the fourth week of the season when just about any idiot can figure out the rest of the season. With Alcoa beating teams in their district so bad that not a one even scored on them is a fair matching is total nonsense. If the T$$AA didn't have all these schools by the Ying Yang that would cause more damages for them if they chose not to play Alcoa then to not most would opt out but they don't so take the beating and move on. Enrollment does not work and never has in all cases. Alcoa has something those other little farm schools don't and that's money and a lot of it. Sould be a multiplier rule on any out of area student of at least 20 students per player paying tuition and things would be in perspective. Otherwise your going to high school football will  tank in the State of Tennessee for many teams. It dang near happened to Heritage High over the last two seasons and that my friend is a 6A school that Alcoa had been going through rape, pillage and plunder. That is a big issue with this Eagleton school start up. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Not true, I'll back Barney on this one.