Preseason Top Ten in 1A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

2 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I believe we have a shot this year for sure. 

See it to believe it? We have a pretty rich history. 5 gold and 6 silver balls.  Who predicted 3 gold balls in 4 years? 

I’ve been around these boards for the better part of 20 years. I’d have to disagree with that one. That ambassador never picked SP to win any gold ball from my memory. He picked Huntingdon several years in a row I thought.

You can disagree. It’s all good but he did say it. Said it several years ago at the end of the season and then would change his pick at the start of the next season when he saw how other teams were gonna shape up. 

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You can disagree. It’s all good but he did say it. Said it several years ago at the end of the season and then would change his pick at the start of the next season when he saw how other teams were gonna shape up. 

Bass never picked SP to win 3 gold balls in 4 years.  He got the sobriquet "The Mayor" (of Jasper) for a reason. 

18 hours ago, orngnblk said:

He is talking about the West side I believe.70 kids on a South Pitt roster will prove dominating,at least on this side.

Greenback is still the favorite going in.  You guys have about 5 receivers.  GB develops a qb, they will be an air raid. 

20 minutes ago, rlh said:

Bass never picked SP to win 3 gold balls in 4 years.  He got the sobriquet "The Mayor" (of Jasper) for a reason. 

Yes he did. The only problem is he would say something like that and then when the season started and he could see how other teams were performing he would pick a new team (Huntingdung mostly) and claim he said them all along. He wanted people to think he was Nostradamus or something. It was comical to say the least. 

Old Pirate misses Bass but he mostly gave excessive premature credit to various teams, rarely the Pirates. Nice to see BPM trolling 1A boards civilly. The Pirates in recent years appear to have been snake bit the loss of key players going into the playoffs. Hopefully the larger numbers will help to correct some of that. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

10 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate misses Bass but he mostly gave excessive premature credit to various teams, rarely the Pirates. Nice to see BPM trolling 1A boards civilly. The Pirates in recent years appear to have been snake bit the loss of key players going into the playoffs. Hopefully the larger numbers will help to correct some of that. 

Did you just give me a compliment?  You feeling ok OBHP??

So the east is SP, GB, and Gordonsville?

The west is Huntington, West Carroll, and Cornersville?

What about Freedom Prep?

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top in Cornerville’s region. I think most of the teams in that region have a chance to be good. Also think Fayetteville might have the right talent and coaches to make a run the next 4 years. They play Gordonsville in the regular season this year. We will see how real they are then. 

1 hour ago, Richmond30 said:

What about Freedom Prep?

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top in Cornerville’s region. I think most of the teams in that region have a chance to be good. Also think Fayetteville might have the right talent and coaches to make a run the next 4 years. They play Gordonsville in the regular season this year. We will see how real they are then. 

People keep sleeping on Clay Co. They started 6 freshman last year. 

1 hour ago, Richmond30 said:

What about Freedom Prep?

1 minute ago, team69 said:

People keep sleeping on Clay Co. They started 6 freshman last year. 

Freedom Prep is one that I wonder about from the west.  They were tough last year until they were hit hard by the TSSAA.  

I've agreed with Team69 about this since the end of last season, Clay County will make some noise this year and probably the next 2 years.