Alcoa Tornadoes - Sam Vaulton

BCsportsfan

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, EastNasty said:

So the question is will TN ever breed a 5star QB and if they do will they have to transfer to another state to play QB?  

Tn has a bad name in the recruiting world for QB’s. Not many go to next level and do well. Recruiters claim its the offenses hs coaches run in TN. Very little open passing games like in Tx-Callie-GA-FL

• Sad 1

On 4/15/2020 at 1:22 AM, EastNasty said:

So the question is will TN ever breed a 5star QB and if they do will they have to transfer to another state to play QB?  

2022 Ty Simpson out of Martin is a current 4 star that has an outside chance to climb to a 5 star. He also has a chance to drop to a 3 star, for all you star counters, but he has the tools to be a solid QB in college 

Edited by MLREB

1 hour ago, MLREB said:

2022 Ty Simpson out of Martin is a current 4 star that has an outside chance to climb to a 5 star. He also has a chance to drop to a 3 star, for all you star counters, but he has the tools to be a solid QB in college 

Yes. He is a very good qb. He puts up big numbers with basically no weapons around him. 

On 4/16/2020 at 7:37 AM, MLREB said:

I hope he does well and becomes a 5 star recruit. 
That doesn’t mean he will be successful at the next level. It just means that he is a superstar HS player that has a good chance

couple yrs from now we will know more about him at the next level

On 4/15/2020 at 11:11 PM, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Tn has a bad name in the recruiting world for QB’s. Not many go to next level and do well. Recruiters claim its the offenses hs coaches run in TN. Very little open passing games like in Tx-Callie-GA-FL

I’m glad EastNasty isn’t online asking silly questions lmao. Oan do you think that will ever change? I talked about if on here a few years ago. My coworker from Texas was talking about Teams like Oakland,Maryville,Whitehaven wouldn’t make it in Texas.

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

I’m glad EastNasty isn’t online asking silly questions lmao. Oan do you think that will ever change? I talked about if on here a few years ago. My coworker from Texas was talking about Teams like Oakland,Maryville,Whitehaven wouldn’t make it in Texas.

I think we would compete out there with like size schools. Of course schools like Allen or North Shore would be hard to beat but they have like 5-6k students.  
You build a 5k school in blount county or Rutherford county and we could compete every yr -any state -with anyone  

plus in tx/Ca/fl most every yr the same schools win Because kids transfer to play at those football High Schools.  Just like every other state out there

oh by the way I’ve been to many camps/ 7v7 and seen top 4-5 star tx fl kids. They are no better than Tn to kids. Just the qb position is a little tricky. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

2 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I think we would compete out there with like size schools. Of course schools like Allen or North Shore would be hard to beat but they have like 5-6k students.  
You build a 5k school in blount county or Rutherford county and we could compete every yr -any state -with anyone  

plus in tx/Ca/fl most every yr the same schools win Because kids transfer to play at those football High Schools.  Just like every other state out there

oh by the way I’ve been to many camps/ 7v7 and seen top 4-5 star tx fl kids. They are no better than Tn to kids. Just the qb position is a little tricky. 

If Rutherford County built a high school and combined Oakland, Blackman, Siegel, Stewarts Creek, LaVergne, Smyrna, and Rockvale it would be interesting to see how a Mega-High School with 10-15 thousand kids would compete on a national level.  

Blount County just isn't big enough numbers/size-wise.  Alcoa is great.  Maryville is great.  In the realm of Tennessee High School Football they are the two greatest programs in the state's history and that is a fact that cannot be disputed.  

9 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

If Rutherford County built a high school and combined Oakland, Blackman, Siegel, Stewarts Creek, LaVergne, Smyrna, and Rockvale it would be interesting to see how a Mega-High School with 10-15 thousand kids would compete on a national level.  

Blount County just isn't big enough numbers/size-wise.  Alcoa is great.  Maryville is great.  In the realm of Tennessee High School Football they are the two greatest programs in the state's history and that is a fact that cannot be disputed.  

Numbers definitely help, but what I think is lost is the fact that they are system feeder schools, especially in Fl & TX.  Kids have been running the same schemes since elementary school.  I remember when I moved to TX and my son was playing football in 3rd grade.  I debated with a parent on why we were running the gun and that the lineman couldn’t line up in a 3-pt stance since they only practiced the 2-pt stance.  To the other parents defense, he was right because we tossed the pill a lot....just like the rest of the league.  That may be why the QBs get an early jump.

Larger schools may seem attractive for numbers, but more numbers means more parents. More parents means more politics, especially with the tryouts to make the teams.  Talent wise, TN stacks with best of them when you consider that the Dallas metroplex, and the Houston area each have the population of TN.

• Upvote 1