Region 7 A

pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree Humboldt’s guards need to step up. Greenfield is good and I hope we run into them again. I just like the challenge of playing a great team. We have work to do as well with Gleason. But good luck girls and boys!!

Thanks same to Gibson County! Humboldt boys are very young & have grew up fast the next couple years Humboldt will be very talented! Humboldt is playing a lot of sophomores & #32( who’s a freshmen) is going to be talented! Only two (2) seniors & four (4) juniors! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

Gleason losing in the consolation game to avoid greenfield is hilarious. Hoping the pioneers can show them and prove they made a bad choice. That’s a coaching problem. 

It is what it is. I have been hearing all along from people in Weakley County the last two months they are the second best team in our district and y’all are going to play them first round. I told them we will play the 4 seed more than likely and they said they knew. So I say bring them on. 

53 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

It is what it is. I have been hearing all along from people in Weakley County the last two months they are the second best team in our district and y’all are going to play them first round. I told them we will play the 4 seed more than likely and they said they knew. So I say bring them on. 

Well, it has been said all season that UC would finish 4th or 5th in 13A. All you can do is best who they put in front of you. Now if GC loses, then is that smart coaching strategy by Gleason? Especially since Gleason is the only 13A team not named Greenfield to beat UC???

44 minutes ago, purplengolduc said:

Well, it has been said all season that UC would finish 4th or 5th in 13A. All you can do is best who they put in front of you. Now if GC loses, then is that smart coaching strategy by Gleason? Especially since Gleason is the only 13A team not named Greenfield to beat UC???

I agree on you got to play who they put in front of you.  Why don’t you ask the ex-Riverdale Coach who got fired and got his school two years probation if he thinks it is smart strategy and I will let him answer that question.  I can see GC and some of these other schools have different mindsets.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, purplengolduc said:

No... it’s a terrible strategy. I have too much pride in myself and a program that I’m trying to build, or have built, to purposely lose a game. I’d rather take a shot at Greenfield in the semifinals and know I went down fighting rather than losing games on purpose.

34 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

No... it’s a terrible strategy. I have too much pride in myself and a program that I’m trying to build, or have built, to purposely lose a game. I’d rather take a shot at Greenfield in the semifinals and know I went down fighting rather than losing games on purpose.

It happens every year, I don't like it but some coaches have made it all the way to the State Tourney making sure they stay opposite of certain teams. I'm just saying 

1 hour ago, purplengolduc said:

It happens every year, I don't like it but some coaches have made it all the way to the State Tourney making sure they stay opposite of certain teams. I'm just saying 

I can count on one hand in the last 15 years around here that I have heard it happend. First I have to much pride to do it because it is morally not right and I do have values and ethics. Secondly, a coach loses leverage with his players and is a player dispute away from getting turned in to the TSSAA. Kids talk, parents talk. They get mad. No way if I was a coach no matter who I wanted to dodge would I risk my job and a program’s postseason.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Number 2 in our region is where you want to be then you don’t have to worry So much about the draw. You are opposite of Greenfield at State. I’d love to see a Greenfield Gibson County matchup in finals. 

We are operating one game at a time. Just getting to the state is a blessing. 

It appears to me that Gleason "threw" that game against Dresden, but it's neither here nor there now. Greenfield shouldn't have any problem in Region play and I expect them to come out of it with a home sectional game. That's the reality of it. For us, GC could very well lose game 1 or game 2 and never get a chance against Greenfield. Gleason is a scrappy,physical team and if UC plays like they did against Greenfield...we could have a whole lot of problems. Hopefully, we'll get a chance at the Jackets but no matter who's in the Championship and sectional....good luck to our NW Tennessee girls. We've got some great basketball being played up here and we're fortunate. A lot of talented players between Gibson, Weakley, Carroll and Obion counties will be on the court in the next few days. 

32 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

It appears to me that Gleason "threw" that game against Dresden, but it's neither here nor there now. Greenfield shouldn't have any problem in Region play and I expect them to come out of it with a home sectional game. That's the reality of it. For us, GC could very well lose game 1 or game 2 and never get a chance against Greenfield. Gleason is a scrappy,physical team and if UC plays like they did against Greenfield...we could have a whole lot of problems. Hopefully, we'll get a chance at the Jackets but no matter who's in the Championship and sectional....good luck to our NW Tennessee girls. We've got some great basketball being played up here and we're fortunate. A lot of talented players between Gibson, Weakley, Carroll and Obion counties will be on the court in the next few days. 

We have three girls that played a ton In the state tournammet 2 of them started the championship game so they will be fine. I say on a nuetral court it would be a pick em. It is all about TO’s, rebounds, who shoots the best and who stays out of foul trouble. Gleason is a good team no doubt and will be a big challenge for GC. The way the refs call the game will be a big factor. I think GC is a lot more disciplined on playing defense without fouling. Going to be a war that we know!!! It will be rowdy tomm. Night.. 

Edited by pioneer42