Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

5 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Grades?  Don't worry about them during the season.........I'll talk to your teacher..........

Don't you teachers know that these here boys are only here to win football games?  They ain't here to solve quadratics.  They ain't here to read stories from 300 years ago.  They ain't here to tell me the capital of South Dakota (like it really matters).  They don't need graduation rings because they got state championship rings.  

Just now, howdoitknow said:

Don't you teachers know that these here boys are only here to win football games?  They ain't here to solve quadratics.  They ain't here to read stories from 300 years ago.  They ain't here to tell me the capital of South Dakota (like it really matters).  They don't need graduation rings because they got state championship rings.  

:popcorneater:You can't treat them boys like they are beaters and blowers in the band.  

21 minutes ago, Breaker19 said:

Buckles from Catholic transferring to Alcoa on Monday after being promised the starting QB position... just what i am hearing. 

How did he end up at Catholic to begin with?  Does he live in Blount County?  That's not Knoxville.  

I'm definitely not going to say "poor pitiful Knoxville Catholic" when 8th graders at the school I teach and coach at are continuously ending up at places like Ensworth and CPA.  Some of them are the same kids I see at the gas station every single morning when I'm grabbing my breakfast.  Now if it's a kid leaving Austin-East and winding up at Alcoa (i.e. DJ Oggs) then that's a new argument in itself.

54 minutes ago, Breaker19 said:

Buckles from Catholic transferring to Alcoa on Monday after being promised the starting QB position... just what i am hearing. 

Hope he doesn’t hold his breath waiting for that to happen. Think there are a LOT of promises made to those kids to get them there and then they forget all about the what they told who. 

2 hours ago, Breaker19 said:

Interesting - perfect time to show up since Alcoa is on Spring break next week. As far as QB1, there is another QB shooting for that position that has already been there a year and then there is the LB/QB who has very close ties to a coach on the team that shared snaps with #14 last year who might have a say in it too. Will be interesting to see what excuse they come up with to make Buckles eligible since he didn’t move out of the private school 20 mile umbrella, so technically he should have to sit out a year. I’ll put $1 on them saying they couldn’t afford the tuition at Catholic so they had to move to a public school.....

16 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

If all of us thought this way, wed put more real men in the world.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 11:23 AM, Tangledweb said:

So you let your son play for him for 4 years, but now he is the worst thing for football and the players - why didn’t you pull your son back then? Did you not see it while he was there or did you not know how to get out of the situation? Just curious

If you go thru the past threads you will find this is nothing new on MY part as I have never covered up how I feel about Rankin.  Heck I have even told him to his face.  If this is a secret it is the worse kept one in the state.

As to pulling my son, I DID.  Only reason he went back was Coach Steve Britton.  My son will tell you to this day he played for Britton and NOT Rankin.  The pulling was because of Grades.  I insisted my children maintain a certain level and it was NOT the minimum to play per T$$AA.  Rankin told my son in my hearing his grades were fine as they were and one D was not the end of the world!  It ended his football right then until Steve Britton came to me and asked me not to transfer my son to either Oakland or Eagleville as I already had it cleared for him to go to either of them with no time off for transferring.  It is good to work directly for ALL the Judges in the County as their Investigator and then also Bird Hunt with the school boards Lawyer.  The school Super at the time also told Rankin to leave it alone as he could not save him that time if he pushed it.  This I got from the two of the other Coaches that overheard that conversation.

Isn't Rankin a Vice Principal at Alcoa?  Hard for a teacher to tell one of them NO when a 'favor' is asked. 

raider1234,  believe me or not.  In the words of Rhett Butler, "Frankly I do not give...............!".

This however is my last words in this thread as I got better things to do with my life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

If you go thru the past threads you will find this is nothing new on MY part as I have never covered up how I feel about Rankin.  Heck I have even told him to his face.  If this is a secret it is the worse kept one in the state.

As to pulling my son, I DID.  Only reason he went back was Coach Steve Britton.  My son will tell you to this day he played for Britton and NOT Rankin.  The pulling was because of Grades.  I insisted my children maintain a certain level and it was NOT the minimum to play per T$$AA.  Rankin told my son in my hearing his grades were fine as they were and one D was not the end of the world!  It ended his football right then until Steve Britton came to me and asked me not to transfer my son to either Oakland or Eagleville as I already had it cleared for him to go to either of them with no time off for transferring.  It is good to work directly for ALL the Judges in the County as their Investigator and then also Bird Hunt with the school boards Lawyer.  The school Super at the time also told Rankin to leave it alone as he could not save him that time if he pushed it.  This I got from the two of the other Coaches that overheard that conversation.

Isn't Rankin a Vice Principal at Alcoa?  Hard for a teacher to tell one of them NO when a 'favor' is asked. 

raider1234,  believe me or not.  In the words of Rhett Butler, "Frankly I do not give...............!".

This however is my last words in this thread as I got better things to do with my life.

Wow, that is a very good argument for your point. I appreciate the fact that you shared that with me. As a newbie in the area it just amazes me that a coach can get away with that and that everyone turns a blind eye. SMH

• Like 1

19 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

LOD is just sour because Rankin didn't get his son on the Pittsburgh Steelers 

Son did BETTER than that.  He followed me in the family business a male member of the family has done continuously since 1645 here in the US when the original Skidmore Brothers landed in Maryland and in England before that!

Upon his enlistment he got a $40,000.00 enlistment bonus in the US Army.  He got a further $10,000.00 this last re-enlistment.  He is currently at Fort Sill Oklahoma and got his ankle operated on yesterday to reattach 3 tendons and remove the scar tissue from playing when hurt for Rankin!  He now has a 6-8 month healing time!  Boy can NOW still bench 520!

howdoitknow............same message as raider got!