Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your are right to an extent. No college knows it's backyard better than their own. I was told by someone in the program that UT has been burned more times than not over it's own backyard so they take extra steps to avoid the same trap they have fallen into many other times. They do consider the area as a whole not up to par with others. Even though Alcoa and Maryville dominate in high school football and have for so long has to do with second to none great coaching staffs, great financial backing and great kids who get it between the ears yet the two schools have a kid going to UT maybe every 10 years. I could waste my time doing the research for all of us only to have someone like you to kill it with one word. The list of failed players from this area far out number the ones who did make it. When I said something about the kid from Coalfield it was mentioned there was more to it which I know but the very next day a friend that is in the know about the situation told me I was 100% right and just plainly said the kid just wasn't mean enough to play that level. Consider me as a football pinata and if you hit me with a stick hard enough on here I'll bust wide open and spill all the candy like it or not because that's why your swinging the stick so don't get upset when I do.

I would choose better friends then.  How would you feel mentally the day you are suppose to move into UT to play football you wake up to your father telling you that your mother unexpectedly passed away? He was physically there for a week but never mentally there.  Jesse Smithey had him on his Podcast back in 2018 and here is a link to the Article. ( https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-Football-Three-years-later-Zach-Stewart-is-where-he-ought-to-be-119631247/ ). Hard to tell with a weeks worth of practice as an 18 year old while grieving your Mother if he was mean enough to play at that level.....

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

I would choose better friends then.  How would you feel mentally the day you are suppose to move into UT to play football you wake up to your father telling you that your mother unexpectedly passed away? He was physically there for a week but never mentally there.  Jesse Smithey had him on his Podcast back in 2018 and here is a link to the Article. ( https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-Football-Three-years-later-Zach-Stewart-is-where-he-ought-to-be-119631247/ ). Hard to tell with a weeks worth of practice as an 18 year old while grieving your Mother if he was mean enough to play at that level.....

If you think for a second I don't feel bad for what happened your totally wrong. 

19 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Great info. Still doesnt say anything to wether the kids meet the size and speed colleges are looking for.  You are also only looking at the top 25 in the state. If you pull the schools these kids come from about 50% probably come from the same 10-15 schools every yr. you know why?  Because these days kids move all the time to get to schools that win all the time. Also to find competition. Doesnt matter the size of the school - - 

only size and speed Of the kid matter

It also tells me that if you attend a 1A/2A school, the chances of you playing D1 football at the FBS level are very slim. 

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It also tells me that if you attend a 1A/2A school, the chances of you playing D1 football at the FBS level are very slim. 

if you have the size and speed the college coaches care less the size of your school

maybe in Tn the top 25 kids don’t come from smaller schools very often. But if they are big enough and fast enough they will be found. colleges coaches don’t show up at the hs and ask the hs coach what size school it is and what their hs conf or region looks like. They want to see the kid that they saw on film and want to know more about them. Sometimes if they meet the size the school will invite them to a camp to see if they can’t meet the speed

kids are moving so much now for coaching and winning that you will see more and more each the kids coming out to college from the same 10-15 teams each yr. it’s going to get worse and worse going forward.  
still doesn’t have to do with the size of the school. South Pittsburgh and Greenback are having no problem turning out D1 kids every yr over the past 10yrs

why because they have big kids who can run fast

19 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If you think for a second I don't feel bad for what happened your totally wrong. 

I never said that or made that claim that you didn't feel bad for the situation.  Your "I watched the kid from Coalfield everyone talked about since he was in the 8th grade go over there and fall flat mainly because he was blocking pint size kids in high school  and everything changed when he was facing a different type player at UT, a grown man" and the stated "next day a friend that is in the know about the situation told me I was 100% right and just plainly said the kid just wasn't mean enough to play that level".  Like I stated before You, your friend, or anyone else will never know if Zach Stewart was mean enough or playing for a 1a school hurt him at UT when the Kid was there for a week grieving the loss of his mother and never mentally there. 

Personally I  would have used a different example knowing that

• Like 1

Swipes my friend had a son that played against him in high school and told me back then the kid wouldn't make it before anything happened with his mother. I just so happened to run into him the other day and he told me he had read that post and then said I was right.  He said the kid just didn't have it to play that level of ball just from what he seen against his own son. My argument was him being from 1A and making that jump. Yes it's unfortunate all that happened and no one knows how it will effect a certain person unless your in their shoes. All I'm going to say is if your playing in the smaller classes the odds of making it big time are slim.

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

I never said that or made that claim that you didn't feel bad for the situation.  Your "I watched the kid from Coalfield everyone talked about since he was in the 8th grade go over there and fall flat mainly because he was blocking pint size kids in high school  and everything changed when he was facing a different type player at UT, a grown man" and the stated "next day a friend that is in the know about the situation told me I was 100% right and just plainly said the kid just wasn't mean enough to play that level".  Like I stated before You, your friend, or anyone else will never know if Zach Stewart was mean enough or playing for a 1a school hurt him at UT when the Kid was there for a week grieving the loss of his mother and never mentally there. 

I am the one whose son played against the aforementioned player for 4 straight years.My son was a smaller kid with a mean streak and a 4 quarter motor.The Coalfield kid was a good player was nowhere near one of the top lineman we ever played against.I made the comment about him and UT a year before anything personally happened in his life.I am not the only one to make the comment.The young man was one of the nicest kids my son said he ever played against but just didnt have a linemans meaness they have to have to play at that level.So I'm the horses mouth if you were looking for it.The kid had size and got alot of attention at the lineman camps.I hated to hear about his personal tragedy,he has a great family.You are right tho,no one knows the future!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

What probably happened is that Tennessee probably offered this kid a PWO and the player accepted it. He probably went to scout team and was okay with that... 

Some student-athletes are okay from playing FBS football on the scout team, to where he could probably  play if he was at a FCS school, or even start if he is at a D2 school. 

On 4/12/2020 at 11:29 AM, Swipes said:

I for one dont think size of school has 1 thing to do with it.As many have stated IF YOUR GOOD ENOUGH someone will notice you.I also think many players AND parents think you are only good if a D1 power school comes knocking,in my opinion a player should look at schools they will be able to help win at and have a real shot at playing.Big Trey at UT,Mayes,Jackson from Oakland watch film on those kids.Those are SEC players that are just nasty (in a good way) lineman.I know teams have to have the blocking dummy's also but in all reality if you dont have those players type skills and spirit your chances are slim to none to actually play quality minutes.If your dream is to sit 4 years to play one then by all means sign up.Ive seen some snarl their nose at an Appy State or Austin Pea offer like it's not real football.I would want to get on the field and "try" to help my team win every Saturday.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I for one dont think size of school has 1 thing to do with it.As many have stated IF YOUR GOOD ENOUGH someone will notice you.I also think many players AND parents think you are only good if a D1 power school comes knocking,in my opinion a player should look at schools they will be able to help win at and have a real shot at playing.Big Trey at UT,Mayes,Jackson from Oakland watch film on those kids.Those are SEC players that are just nasty (in a good way) lineman.I know teams have to have the blocking dummy's also but in all reality if you dont have those players type skills and spirit your chances are slim to none to actually play quality minutes.If your dream is to sit 4 years to play one then by all means sign up.Ive seen some snarl their nose at an Appy State or Austin Pea offer like it's not real football.I would want to get on the field and "try" to help my team win every Saturday.

I agree with most of your statement.  The one thing I don't agree with is Mayes being nasty in a good way lol.  I've personally seen him Flip off an entire fan base in the middle of a high school game (Video Proof to prove that) and get multiple late hit penalties but Catholic was so good that year it didn't really matter, and the whole ordeal with UGA has me questioning that entire family.  Your Boys (I'm assuming you're the father of the Willis boys that came through Greenback) are great athletes and glad to see Holden sign d1 with USF.  1A ball didn't stop him from getting looked at and i'm sure you made sacrifices to get him to camps to get that exposer 

18 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I agree with most of your statement.  The one thing I don't agree with is Mayes being nasty in a good way lol.  I've personally seen him Flip off an entire fan base in the middle of a high school game (Video Proof to prove that) and get multiple late hit penalties but Catholic was so good that year it didn't really matter, and the whole ordeal with UGA has me questioning that entire family.  Your Boys (I'm assuming you're the father of the Willis boys that came through Greenback) are great athletes and glad to see Holden sign d1 with USF.  1A ball didn't stop him from getting looked at and i'm sure you made sacrifices to get him to camps to get that exposer 

No,mine graduated in 14.He was a O and D lineman.He actually played against Maryville in the Jamboree and some of the Maryville staff met with him afterwards and that really made his night!He signed with Carson Newman but lost interest when he found out how much he would have to pay in student loans LOL.I am good friends with Willis family.I dont know much personally about Mayes other than he was a very good D1 lineman from what I have seen.I really dont like the drama crap these premadonnas do in high school.Why cant we be good and just whip the guy in front of us???Seems most all have some baggage.

Edited by orngnblk

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Whoever snarls their nose at App State need smacked in the face

Can you say top 25